Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Home Improvement

Our dining room used to have carpet. White carpet at that.  Not very practical to say the least.
After getting quotes to remove the carpet and old vinyl tiles and then to install vinyl planks, I decided I could do it myself.  
With a little help...
the floor was prepped.
That is when I went to work.  I have to admit it was very challenging at first.  I actually installed the first three rows backward.  Once I figured that out, I started over and the process of cutting and snapping the planks into place became much quicker.
So quick that it only took me five or so weeks to complete.  I know, I know.  Not very impressive, but it was a huge accomplishment for me.  And we saved a ton of money doing it ourselves.
We had the walls re-textured and painted too.
Here is the finished room.
We gave our living room walls the same treatment.

The funny thing is, I tried about five different colors on the walls and I didn't like any of them so I went back to the color I chose for our other house-- Behr's Pale Wheat.
Everything is coming together.  I love how our house feels like home.

7 comments:

  1. You are so brave to take this on yourself Christine!! It looks beautiful!! It's amazing how much even a fresh coat of paint spruces a room up. Your home is beautiful. 🤗

    Marilyn rom Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floor looks great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! And I'm very impressed that you did all that yourself. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.