Wednesday, March 8, 2017

There's a Better Place

Life can be hard.  It is a journey of ups and downs.  Sometimes to the extreme pits of the earth where you feel that you can't get out to the very tops of a cliff where you feel like a bird a bird waiting to soar.  I have been in both places and in both cases it feels as if no on really knows, except me.
However that is not the case.  God has always been with me, and even now His presence brings comfort.  He is my strength.  He is my hope.   He reminds me that this time on earth is not my forever home.  It is not yours either.
Don't lose faith.  I felt the Lord prompting me to share this today.
♫ ♫ 
This world is not what it was meant to be
All this pain, all this suffering
There's a better place
Waiting for me
In Heaven

Every tear will be wiped away
Every sorrow and sin erased
We'll dance on seas of amazing grace
In Heaven
In Heaven

I'm goin' home
Where the streets are golden
Every chain is broken
Oh I wanna go
Oh I wanna go
Home
Where every fear is gone
I'm in your open arms
Where I belong
Home

Lay down my burdens, I lay down my past
I run to Jesus, no turning back
Thank God Almighty, I'll be free at last
In Heaven
In Heaven

I'm goin' home
Where the streets are golden
Every chain is broken
Oh I wanna go
Oh I wanna go
Home
Where every fear is gone
I'm in your open arms
Where I belong

Blinded eyes
Will finally see
The dead will rise
On the shores of eternity
The trump will sound
The angels will sing
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I am
Goin' home
Where the streets are golden
Every chain is broken
Oh I wanna go
Oh I wanna go
Home
Where every fear is gone
I'm in your open arms
Where I belong
Where I belong

I'm goin' home
I'm goin' home
I'm on my way home
I'm goin' home


  ♫♫

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this. It brought tears to my eyes.

    I have been in a heavy place the past 6 weeks . . . losing my mom and then finding out that the Christian bookstore I work at is going out of business (and, thus, losing my job, my ministry, my passion). All of this on top of some other very difficult situations and relationships. It has been TOUGH. There are many days that I just "wanna go home . . . where I belong".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we live with eternity in view, and trials can seem overwhelming sometimes. But Jesus said, "Follow me.", and in his footsteps we get victory over sin! I get tons of help from the articles on activechristianity.org

    I love your blog, as you well know. How you keep all the balls juggled, I simply don't know!

    Della

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.