Friday, March 10, 2017

Great Times with Great Friends

It was back in 2008 that we met our good friends the Lindeques.   From the moment we met, there was a connection.   About six years ago they moved from California to Texas and we hadn't seen them that whole time.  We've kept in touch by phone,  but finally we got together last week.
Last Saturday morning we got up early to drive to Dallas to pick John up at the airport and to meet my Mom at Hard Eight Barbecue for Alex's birthday before driving on down to their house.
While we packed up the caravan, the kids played outside.

And one of our cats got stuck in a tree.
Fun.
The drive was 4 1/2 hours split up by our stop in Dallas.
The drive was really nice and gave us the chance to explore a completely new area of Texas.
Beautiful.

Once we got to the Lindeques, the fun began.  It never stopped, just ask the kids. :)
Their kids are 4, 10, 13, and almost 15.  And all of our kids get along great.
Our kids showed their kids how to play Spikeball.
Annalyn and JJ

The Lindeques have lots of animals-- my kids loved looking at them all!  Poor Nolan got kicked by a horse, but thankfully it was a gentle kick.  Still it scared us all.
Meal times were especially lively.  I guess playing hard makes you hungry!


Our friends have a calf ranch that has a big lake on it.  So Tina and I stayed back at the house to prepare dinner and catch up on old times while everyone else went fishing.
Dennis caught a huge fish!
Here is a video that John took.  John had been fishing and felt a tug so he quickly handed the pole to Dennis.  I am pretty sure it was John that was way more excited!  I sure love my husband and what a great Dad he is.

I think this game might be called "Pile-Up."

Tina made a little marshmallow cake for Alex.


We had fun riding a zipline.  I even I got on it.  







My kids were thrilled to ride in the back of the truck.  Such simple pleasures... awesome memories.
Tina and I
William is staying with the Lindeques until we go back in a few days to visit them again.  He is learning what it is like to work on a farm with calves.  It is a wonderful experience that he is enjoying so much!

This visit with our friends was short and sweet but it was just what we all needed.  I didn't realize how much I missed my friend Tina.  Being with friends, getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and just having the ability to step away from my day to day routine even if just for two days was such a blessing.

3 comments:

  1. Good times and that photo of William and Natalie is sweetness personified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time for you guys! Always so wonderful to connect with old friends. I love the video of Dennis catching the fish! It was huge! Was it an edible one? That's always a thrill for a kids to cook and eat the fish they caught.

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!! Looks like you had a great time connecting with old friends! When you have that strong connection with friends, it doesn't matter how much time passes by you pick right back up where you left off!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.