Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Less Busy Day

I'm sitting here in a quiet house.  My balcony door is open so I can listen to the rain and thunder... and the birds singing.  It is a soothing sound.  It calms my mind and soul.

Yesterday was a much busier day. 

As I was helping William to check into the local GED testing facility after dropping Anastasia off at work, I got a call from Natalie's school.  She was having loose stools and they wanted me to either bring her more pull-ups or pick her up.  I opted to pick her up.  Before I had left the GED building, I got another call about Nolan.  His leg was bothering him and he was limping.  Could I pick him up too? 

Finally I left William to test and called the doctor's office on my way to pick up Natalie.  I was able to get Nolan an appointment to have his leg checked out.   I picked up both kids at two different schools and barely had enough time to take Natalie home and then head back out to take Nolan to the doctor.

On my way to the doctor I was trying to figure out how to juggle picking up William.  I didn't think we would be finished at the doctor's office by the time I told William I would get him.  But God took care of things.  William called me before I got to the doctor so I was able to swing by and pick him up to go to the doctor with us.

The doctor said Nolan's pain is most likely just a pulled muscle but of course my mind wanders to things like arthritis or cancer.  (Am I the only Mom that does this?)  He wrote a note excusing Nolan from gym for the rest of this week.  Hopefully that's all it turns out to be.

P.S. 
There are four sections to the GED.  William took the math portion yesterday... and PASSED!

1 comment:

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.