Monday, November 28, 2016

Martin Creek Lake State Park

Thanksgiving week came and went so fast that before we knew it Sunday was here.   The kids were well enough that we all made it to church on time.  Barely.

With the kids heading back to school tomorrow, we wanted to do something fun with them.  John got out the fishing poles and we all went to the lake.
The drive was gorgeous.
We walked across this bridge to get to the island's hiking trails.
Nolan was very adventurous.
Paul was excited to fish.
Andrew would have happily fished all day.
The family walk around the island was lovely.  The weather was perfect, the trail was not too hard, and none of the kids got lost.


Oliver was a fearless explorer-- I haven't decided if that is good or bad yet-- LOL.
The playground at Martin Creek was thoroughly enjoyed.  The natural ground... the metal and wood play structure... and all the trees with their leaves rustling in the breeze was a breath of fresh air.  Literally.  We are used to playgrounds made with plastic, the ground coated in rubber, and tarps shielding us from the beating sun.  All with a grimy feel and smell.  This play area was quite the opposite and my kids could have spent hours there if we let them.


While we were walking over to the playground Nolan told me he had to use the bathroom.  I told him that I knew where the bathroom was and I would take him right over.  Somehow he interpreted that as: stop right on the trail, whip out your penis above your pant waistline, and go pee right there.  I was mortified for a brief second knowing that there were two campers hanging out above us in their tree tent watching our family... amused I'm sure.
Oh well, chalk this up as something we will forever remember.









Love you Martin Creek Lake!  We'll be back!

3 comments:

  1. great pictures !
    But when did Natalie get to walk so well ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful park. Yes, I m sure it is very different to California where it seems to be hot all the time. While this is nice for us northerners to visit during our winter, to live in that would be........well, just hot all the time. I think your pictures are just great. Paul has really grown up and matured, hasn't he? What a lovely boy. William has really shot up too! That looks like a great park and I'm sure you will be back lots more. Julia will be home soon! I bet you can hardly wait. She has grown up to be such a lovely girl. I have been reading your blog for so long, watching all these kids grow up. Lovely family. Have a great reunion with your girl!!

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.