Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cooking Fun

What a fun day! Can't you see the excitement in their faces?


This is my new haircut. It is growing on me.


Anna is learning to dance through an online dance site. She would have

done this all day if I let her.


Julia made a triple batch of cookies last week. One batch went in the freezer for us to take to Ukraine-- the other two batches were for eating. My instructions-- hands off the cookies in the freezer. John was the first to sneak-- Adam was the last. One of his siblings snitched on him-- half the cookies were gone by then. I was not happy. My solution was for him to bake more.

So he did.


I made Russian Coltyetes. Annalyn's exact words, "This meat is the best in the world!"


We had so much fun making them today.


Annalyn crushed corn flakes and Sveta mixed up the meat.


Rachel grated the potatoes.

I coated the meat patties.


Galina formed the patties.


I fried them up.


They turned out delicious. I'll share the recipe when I get back.


Julia wanted to play pirate.


Rachel was just being goofy!

Sometimes it can be so much fun cooking in the kitchen!


Julia shoving a donut in Galina's mouth.


Does this at all remind you from a pose in Napoleon Dynamite?



9 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were leaving so soon. Very excited for you on the journey you are taking! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lot of fun the dinner was the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip. Can't wait to hear about it. God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels on your journey! It will be wonderful to hear of your experiences over there and meeting with Sasha again. Will you be blogging from Ukraine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck as you travel and may God bless you Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! The dance lessons on line is so cute. My oldest daughter danced in the school of the performing arts when the local school district had it, The school was very hard and demanding but my daughter loved it. The local school district ran into some funding issues so the school of the performing arts for highschool student only lasted a few years and then was defunded. Keep dancing, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the faces rachel and sveta sorry i am a little behind on the blog havent read it in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to Ukraine? What? When I clicked on this post it showed up as a post that I remember reading years ago--pics from your last house and the kids looking younger. Not sure why--but, I didn't get to read your actual new post.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.