Saturday, December 13, 2014

Decorating the Tree

We decorated our tree earlier this week. It was a family  event even though some of our older kids chose to just watch.  



The kids asked if they could  hang all of our ornaments on the tree this year.

I said, "Sure.  Why not?"




This year Oliver was very involved in the decorating.  He kept coming back to me to get ornaments.




Natalie was content to just be in Daddy's arms and watch.

Alex loves this Santa hat.  He says he plans to wear it on Christmas morning.



 The boys were not interested in me taking their picture in front of the tree.  Believe it or not, this was the best one out of the handful I took.

This was how our tree looked when it was time to go to bed.  :)
Since, the kids have probably added two more dozen ornaments and candy canes too. :)
But I'm pretty sure the candy canes will be gone soon.

8 comments:

  1. I love the crutch color, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a full tree :) But that's the kind of thing memories are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the variety of ornaments. Beautiful tree.



    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!! The little boys look so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So HOW do you keep the "littles" from taking things down and breaking them? I just don't know how to put up a tree with Monnie this year. A day does not go by that she doesn't flatten the Advent House, and I gave up on the Advent Wreath. Can't imagine trying a tree unless I put it outside on the porch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. small tree. BIGGGGG family :) Christmas in your house is probably amazing with such a big family, I used to have huge Christmases when i was small, all the cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, family friends used to come by on Christmas eve. And being Italian, we had a tonnnnnn of food! But as always time takes it toll on all things eventually and all the kids now have their own families and Christmas just consists of me my mom dad brother and sister in law.

    One thing that always meant a lot to me about christmas, more than presents, and i have no doubt that this is a big thing in your family as well, is that Christmas is Jesus' birthday. I always put the baby Jesus in the manger at midnight before i went to bed for the night. At 30 years old I still do that, thats the most important thing about christmas eve to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely time. I love decorating with my children.
    mommytoalot

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.