Friday, November 14, 2014

The Paradise Center

Yesterday was a down day for us meaning that we had nothing adoption related to get done.  After breakfast we all meaning-- my Mom, Shelly R., Colleen, Shelley B., all the kids, and myself took taxis across town to the Paradise Center.  It is a huge mall that literally has everything!
Let me show you.
First of all, it was hard to get our three taxis to follow each other across town in traffic.  Shelly's taxi ended up letting her out on the opposite side of the mall that the rest of us were on, but thankfully we had our phones.
The first thing we checked out was this toy store.  We were the only people inside it other than the two clerks.
Right outside the toy store was this bunny display. 
This mall has many fountains on a few of the different levels.  It was very entertaining for the kids.
Next to one of the fountains are these electric cars.  They are controlled by the parents with remote controls.
Across from the cars are these horses on wheels.  Too bad Natalie wasn't a bit older...
We found a bakery with the most wonderful pastries.  I'm sure I gained 5 pounds just looking at the display case.  One of the pastries was in the shape of a croissant but the dough was that of a sweet bread.  The filling was chocolate and lemon and it was delicious! 
My Mom got one of the pretzel shaped croissants on the bottom of the display case since they were fresh out of the oven.  It was so yummy too!
We found a Carrefour Market.  I would compare it to a huge Wal-Mart.


We bought a few things and then continued on with our exploring.  We found these elevators.  Pretty cool, hunh?  They lead down to the underground parking levels and car wash.

We ate at a food court.  There were a few American restaurants like Dunkin Donuts, KFC, and McDonalds, but I looked where the longest lines were and one of them was in front of a Bulgarian stand that served up meals like this for about $5.00.  Where I paid for my food I was also able to add vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper to my salad.
My Mom wanted ice-cream so we shared a waffle cone with two scoops.
Check out this indoor synthetic ice rink.  You can actually rent skates though we did not see one person do this while we sat and ate our lunch.

This mall has so many activities for kids.  They have a trampoline and a jumping harness thingy.
They have little ride on carousels too for 1 leva per ride. 
Right next to this kid play area is a balcony looking out over the city. 


 
Back inside the mall, probably on a different level we passed this bakery.
Did I mention that the mall has an indoor movie theater?
And a mini arcade.
And a SkyPark which is an outside carnival ride area.

And back inside the adults have their own play area.
Down on the other side of the mall there is a climbing bar.
On the right side, the kids get to climb.
On the left side, the adults get to climb.
 The mall also had an art exhibition going on.


We even found a Starbucks in the mall.


I think we spent at least 6 hours in this mall.  It was a very full day.  My Mom and I finally had to leave because Natalie was tired.  We were more than ready ourselves.  We found a cab and the driver told us 15-17 leva.  However, he drove us to the wrong hotel!  The meter read 28 leva when we finally got to our hotel and that is what he charged me. 
As the soup Nazi in Seinfeld would say--  No tip for him!

7 comments:

  1. I'm tired thinking about it all and I haven't even gotten off of the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so kind to let us travel along with you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so curious about it all! It doesn't look crowded do you think its because it's a week day? I wonder if there are more people there on weekends? None of your photos have had very many people in them...is it just coincidence do you think? Are there a lot of people around?

    ReplyDelete
  4. so interesting ! I would love to move around with so little people...

    Carrefour is one of our french big shop. ;)

    So I realise you are not playing musical pushchairs but you now have three of the same kind ! blue,pink and green ! ;)

    Thank you for making us travel with you. I am like the old women at her window... I live through other people blogs ! An open window on the world when I can't do much else.

    Counting the days left in the country... You must be impatient. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing place! Thanks for sharing your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The synthetic ice rinks are popular here. Families put them up in the summer time for their kids who play winter hockey so they don't have to pay for ice time at one of the indoor rinks.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.