Friday, October 17, 2014

Just 18 More Days

I did something spontaneous today.  I cut my hair really short.  You can blame it on past pictures.  See-- I got out my scrapbook supplies to make a bunch of cards and found two of my old scrapbooks.
 I used to scrapbook all the time.  And then I sort of just stopped doing it.  Once in a while I or the girls will get out the supplies, but not often enough.
Check out some of our family pictures pre-blogging days.
 Yes, we had swimsuits on.

 I love this picture-- and it is what inspired me to cut my hair today. 
Cutting my hair had been on my mind since court because Natalie's hair was so short the last time I saw her, but I had yet to find time.   Well, I found time today  (my Mom's here) and now I can grow my hair out with my new daughter.






 With only 18 days until my Mom and I leave for Bulgaria, I have been trying to get everything that I want to do-- done.  Slowly but surely I am crossing things off my list.
I made this little book with pictures from our first trip to take with me.  It has lots of pictures of John in it so Natalie can get familiar with his face since he won't be there with me.
(I used a Shutterfly coupon so the book was free!  How cool is that?)
 I finally replaced the lens on my nice camera.  It was dropped during our first trip in Bulgaria, and the auto focus had stopped working.  Now I have my camera for the 2nd trip!
We are getting ahead in school work so my homeschooled kids won't fall behind when I am gone.
I trimmed our big Pepper Tree.
Don't ask me why.  (There is no rhyme or reason as to what I want to accomplish when I am nesting.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you again to everyone who has supported us in the adoption of Natalie.
We feel the love.
 
A wonderful, loving lady from church made this gorgeous quilt and doll for Natalie.
 Throughout this journey we have felt your support spiritually, emotionally, and financially.
As we get ready to bring home our little girl, we are in awe of the continued blessings from all of you.  Thank you for your outpouring of love.

9 comments:

  1. I used to scrapbook all the time too. Seeing your pages makes me miss it.
    Cute haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so touching...
    The quilt and the doll are gorgeous !
    Can't wait to see Natalie home !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great! And I can't believe you are so close to bringing your sweet little one home! She's going to be so loved!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your hair looks lovely Christine :-)The scrapbooking was all the rage wasn't it? My sister in law does it online. My husband does ours of our trips. Well very soon you will be heading off to bring that darling baby girl home. What a celebration THAT will be. AND that beautiful quilt and doll for her!! Other people are loving her too......She is a little dolly herself.

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks adorable. I like it. Yay only 17 and a half more days. ;) so happy praying for you and your mom and family and your newest daughter. What a beautiful quilt and doll. Love it such a sweet gift.

    God bless you all


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I use a digital program to scrapbook because my home made ones never looked like yours! You are so creative! Love the Elmo's nose one! LOL!
    Praying for you as you prepare for you new one! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute haircut!! So happy that you will be bringing your daughter home soon! I can't wait to see how she will thrive when she is home with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh!! I'm so excited you get to bring your new daughter home soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOpe the time flies!

    My auto focus has stopped working on my kodak 3500 twice now and was been sent back for repairs both times. I just got it back in time for Jessica's wedding!

    I sent you a package of books I got at convention plus my new princess book signed to all the Reed princesses.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.