Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Monkey See, Monkey Do

These two little boys are such sweet pals.  They play together so well.
Monkey see, monkey do.
That about sums it up.
 
If Oliver eats Goldfish crackers.
Nolan eats Goldfish crackers.
 
If Nolan puts on his shoes.
Oliver wants to put on his shoes.
 
When Nolan goes potty.
It is time for Oliver to go potty.
 
If Nolan is playing legos.
Oliver wants to play legos too.
 
So thankful that these two have each other.
Not sure how much you know about what is going on in Ukraine, but basically, the area where there is fighting going on is where Nolan and Oliver were born.
The coordinator who helped us to adopt them has fled the area with her family.
I don't even want to imagine what life would be like for my two little boys if they weren't here with us.
So thankful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This past Monday Nolan had a pre-op appointment for his fistula repair.
It was determined that he will also have a lip revision.
That all happens tomorrow.
Nolan will have to stay overnight.
Bless his little heart.
I'm not sure he understands what is going on, but he does trust.
If you could please keep him in your prayers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I received a small update on Natalie.
But it is big in my eyes because well...
I just miss her so.
The caretakers are still encouraging her to eat with a spoon.
And...
she still prefers the bottle.
I can totally imagine the scene.
She is one determined little girl. 
I am told that she has also gained a little weight.
Oh, I sure hope so.
We are still waiting on a signature before our paperwork goes to the courts and we are assigned a judge.  Praying for any day now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night we got rain!
It downpoured actually.
California is in desperate need, so we are rejoicing.
The air smells clean.
The earth feels cool.
The dust has settled.
The temperature is a nice reprieve from the hot weather we had last week.

10 comments:

  1. Those 2 little boys are just so adorable :-) They are just so fortunate they are with you and John and the family they were meant to be with. All of your children are so fortunate that you and John are their parents I think. Terrible the things that are happening in Ukraine - and other places too. I am sure things will go well for Nolan. The update on little Natalie is good in that she has gained a little bit of weight however small. Look at how Oliver has thrived with you. Take care Christine - I love reading your blog every day :-)

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet boys!! Praying Nolan's operation goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so sweet:) I hope everything goes well tomorrow with Nolan!! I have no doubt that Natalie will thrive when she is home with you . I look forward to all the updates and photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Nolan surgery goes great and for God to give him peace and for Natalie, Praise God for some weight gain. Praying for her speedy smooth adoption into her forever family.

    God bless your family

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wondered if those 2 little dudes were biological brothers, only bc I know u brought them home together.

    Regardless, i hope all goes well with the little guy. He's in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous about the rain! I am about 3 hours north of you and about 2 hours south of where you used to live...no rain for us. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless their hearts! ❤️ Dee was from Slavyansk and we are waiting to hear from our dear friend, Gennady, who lives there with his family. Blessings to your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! You boys are two peas in a pod. You are blessed to have them and they are blessed to have you,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking on a Nolan update. I know the surgery went okay but wanted to know how you all are doing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.