Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Isn't She Precious?

It's been almost two months since we said goodbye to Natalie.  We miss her so much.  It feels like someone is missing from our family.  A piece of my heart is in Bulgaria, and my heart aches.  Big sigh.  Watching this video brings some comfort, and yet it also reminds me of how little care... love... stimulation... and attention she is receiving as she sits in her crib day in and day out.  Her orphanage may appear to be one of the best as I have showed you in previous pictures, but we know she is not getting what she needs to thrive.  Here is a video of Natalie on the last day we visited with her.  After a week of visiting with her she was making eye contact, paying attention to her surroundings, playing, and accepting our touch.  She was no longer scratching at us, pushing us away, gnawing on her hands, or crossing her eyes half as much.   I'm pretty sure she has reverted back to those coping behaviors-- her ways of stimulating herself, comforting herself, and pushing out the world now that we are not there.  Natalie is without the love of a family, and until we return to Bulgaria to get her, she will continue to languish in her orphanage. 
 

We are waiting for good news any day that the MOJ has signed off on our paperwork so we could be assigned a judge.  Please pray with us.

14 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to watch her blossom. Praying for your sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine she's beautiful and I can't wait until you guys can bring her home so she can meet her very large group of brothers and sisters. I bet none of the other kids at the orphanage can brag about that "Im gonna have 17 brothers and sisters at my new home!" :)

    This little girl is blessed to have you and John, she doesn't need all the gizmos and gadgets that they use in the orphanage to keep her stimulated when she has the infinite love of a mommy and daddy surrounding her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for her and your family! I can't imagine how hard it is to wait...

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally praying with you...i can't wait to see her in your arms again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Christine, it just brings tears to my eyes watching that video. How precious she is, and what she has had to bear, the coping mechanisms she has built to survive, and how wonderful and soothing your voices must sound to her. I can't even imagine how hard it is to wait knowing how much she will grow with the love, comfort and stimulation you will provide. Keeping you all in my prayers until you bring sweet Natalie home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying she gets with you her forever family quickly and smoothly.

    Matt 18:19,20

    God bless your family

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! She is so cute beyond words. I hope you get a travel date soon. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will pray! As a committed Jew, I pray using a prayer book three times a day, and there is a space to add personal prayers. I also "talk to God" before I go to sleep each night. So that's four chances to pray for your sweet little Natalie! And it's more than my pleasure to do it.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Christine, I watched you videos earlier and I so agree with you about your assessment of your lovely Natalie. This is such a difficult and painful time knowing she is suffering. Can you hire a nanny to go play with her? We did this in Russia and it really helps. Your translator can just go find a babushka to go play with her a couple times a week. Ours bought diapers for the baby and played and went three times a week for two hours at a time. It was fantastic. I paid her when I went to pick our little guy up. You could even raise the money on line for the nanny. Any way just a thought. Hang in there. Hopefully it will be over soon and you can get your hands on her and help her recover. xxx Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so precious!!! I hope and pray that you get a travel date really soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope she will be home soon, but MOJ in her birth country always takes a recess in August and no paperwork is processed, so it may not be until next month that you will get the signatures you need, followed by a court date.

    The wait is hard. It's been 13 weeks since I last held my own sweet girl in Eastern Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so sweet. Praying with you that you get her home ASAP! God can move mountains and bureaucracies.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.