Sunday, June 8, 2014

In Region

We arrived at the Sofia airport well before our flight to Natalie's region.   So we sat in the little restaurant.  This is what we saw out the window.

We ordered lunch.
Goodbye Sofia.
Hello Burgas!



After we checked into our hotel, our translator and driver took us and
another family to the Black Sea.
The water was plenty warm.
 Only one topless woman ran past us.
This lush green park is right next to the beach.
Another adoptive family is here with us.  Not only are they adopting at the same time and from the same orphanage, but they also live about an hour away from us.  Small world indeed.
Here is John with our translator.  To the left is the restaurant where we ate dinner.


We had garlic and dill potatoes.
And we split a vegetarian pizza along with a summer salad.
After dinner we walked around to look at the different booths and restaurants at the beach.
This evening John and I went for a swim at the indoor hotel pool.  It was refreshing.
Now I am sitting in our hotel room in my pajamas next to John finishing up this blog post.
It has been a long day and I am ready to sleep. 
We are very excited to meet Natalie in the morning. 

8 comments:

  1. It's so exciting following along with you. Thanks for posting so many pictures! Praying your day tomorrow goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing trip and how special for you nad John to have this time together before you meet your new child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought Bulgaria was this nice. It's really been great to follow your journey. I am so excited for tomorrow!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that food looks marvelous!!! Makes me sad about my tuna sandwich for dinner. :(

    Love all the details, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! The breakfast buffet looks awesome. The food looks really fresh. I wonder if they get it from local farmers. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following your blog for years now, but I'm not sure if I've ever commented! :) I look forward to following your newest journey to bring another sweet child home, where she belongs! :) I just have to say, you look absolutely beautiful in all of these pictures. Your healthier way of living is definitely paying off! :) You must be so proud of yourself! Congrats! Now, if only I could have some of your motivation! ;)

    Prayers for safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for an update !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.