Friday, May 9, 2014

My Mother

 Growing up, I didn't really appreciate you.  You worked hard, did your best, but all I saw was your flaws.  Though on the outside I looked like a good daughter, inside I had such a rebellious heart.  Of course our family had its ups and downs, and we had our fair share of "dysfunction."  But what family doesn't?
Over the years, as I grew older and became a wife and mother, I soon began to look at you with a new set of eyes.
I saw your faithfulness.
Your hard work.
Your wisdom.
And your love.
 
The thing is-- through thick and thin, good times and bad,
you have always been there for me.
We may not always agree.  We may have our differences.
But you have taught me to keep going.
You support me.
You listen.
You laugh with me.
 
You bless me.
 
Today I say Happy Mother's Day.... a few days early....
because you mean the world to me.
If it was up to me, you would have a day all your own!
 
I love you Mom!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I couldn't be more flattered! I feel so blessed to have you for my daughter and John for my son. Here's a big Happy Mothers Day to a daughter who happens to be a FANTASTIC mother to seventeen wonderful children!!! With ALL my love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. that brought tears to me eyes. You both are awesome!! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! You mother has been a great help to you over the years especially when you are overseas weeks at a time. Without her help your overseas adoptions may have been harder. You both rock, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Makes me to just go and hug my mother. God bless you all. <3

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.