Monday, March 3, 2014

Healthier Eating

The kids are always asking for snacks.   Many times I say no, but we do have our scheduled ones at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.  Our most common snacks are fresh fruit or popcorn popped in olive oil on the stove.
Oliver loves when someone will read a book to him. 
John with his three youngest boys.
For about three weeks now, our family has been eating mainly vegetarian.  
Indian Korma is really good.
After having lunch at a friend's house and trying her fresh bread, she inspired us to try our own.  I altered a recipe I found on the internet to include hulled millet, wheat germ, and flax seed.
Julia baked it.

Lately, we've been having massaged kale salads as a side dish for dinner every night.
Toss with olive oil, lemon, cranberries, and a few pepitas, and you have a healthy and delicious salad!

4 comments:

  1. It all looks delicious! I've found that my boys start asking for food right as I start dinner. The best solution so far is to put a bunch of veggies on the table. They munch away while I fix dinner and get more veggies before the main dish even arrives.

    My husband was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes just before Christmas, so we have drastically changed our eating habits lately, too. It's actually a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is by far my favourite veggie casserole, I have modified it many ways by adding minced leftover chicken or roast beef, and using just brown rice or a blend… its addictive!
    http://threemanycooks.com/recipes/salads-and-sides/broccoli-wild-rice-casserole/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. What is your recipe for the bread and the Indian Korma? I have been sautéing a lot of kale and spinach together and adding various things. So good.

    God bless you all


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! We got a lot of Kale from our CSA last summer. My children love would eat it raw. They love kale, Happy eating,Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.