Tuesday, March 18, 2014

He is Sleeping Now

Adam and Caleb are my two oldest sons.   It's cool to see that they aren't too old for skate boarding. 


The other day I motivated the kids to help out with yard work by promising pizza for dinner.  Let's just say, it was a productive hour.  Zinnia seeds were planted, weeds were pulled, the garden was tilled, and the trees were watered.  Then it was play time.  The kids even went swimming in the heated pool down at the clubhouse.
Andrew has had allergies along with many of the other kids for the past two weeks.  However, yesterday around noon, he came to me crying that the right side above his eye was throbbing.  He said the pain was horrible-- a 10 on a pain scale.  I gave him some Tylenol but the pain never went away completely.  I kept alternating between Tylenol and Motrin but the pain only came down a little bit.  Last night he came to me in tears a few times.  After giving him more medicine, I hoped he would be better in the morning.  He wasn't.  I had to take Annalyn and Julia for their CAHSEE testing but I wanted to get Andrew into Urgent Care as soon as possible.  I suspected a sinus infection.  I was able to coordinate with John so that he could come home and take Andrew while I took the girls.
Andrew had a very rough afternoon, but he is finally sleeping next to me.
He is on antibiotics and pain/fever reducing meds.
Bless his heart.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I am glad that Andrew is doing better. My children have had several sinus infections this winter and the only thing that really helped in the severe cases were antibiotics. I found that the chiropractor's treatments were also helpful for the minor sinus infections. Good luck, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy, lifting Andrew to the Lord for fast healing and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate sinus infections. They are the worst kind of pain. I use a neti pot (nasal irrigation) to help reduce the likelihood of them during allergy seasons. Sounds gross and looks horrible and complicated. But once you do it once you realise it's not such a big deal at all. It scared away more than one sinus infection for me this year.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.