Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Caleb, Sveta, Anna, William, and Jonny

My children have been quite cooperative with picture taking.  It is such a blessing to be the one looking through the view finder.  I am incredibly thankful to be a part of each of my children's lives.
Anna is a true beauty.  She possesses so many qualities that she doesn't even realize.  Not only is she incredibly gorgeous with her strawberry blonde hair and baby blue eyes, but she is dependable, bold, and energetic.  She can spark up a friendship much easier than most.  Give Anna a piece of fruit and a cup of hot tea and she is content.   Anna is taking guitar lessons, and I hope that one day she is brave enough to play in front of a crowd because I think she would do great!
Sveta is sixteen years old.  She cares deeply for those who are in pain.  She has the prettiest twinkle in her eyes and a great sense of humor.  She keeps a very neat room, and is proud that she doesn't keep tons of stuff.  Every night Sveta asks me if I would like a glass of tea.  It is very sweet of her.  Sveta is diligent to get her school work done, no matter what is going on.  She loves ranch dressing and Chinese food.  She enjoys listening to music and singing along.
This is how Caleb really smiles. Wink, wink.



Caleb is a senior this year.  It is hard to believe that he was once a little boy with the cutest little voice and silly smile.  He sure has grown up.  He is very responsible and outgoing.  He is loyal to his family and friends.  After years of Caleb not wanting to eat raw fruits and vegetables, we have finally figured out why.  Each time he eats them he has severe chest pain and a burning mouth and after some research it appears that he has Oral Allergy Syndrome.  Thankfully, he has no problems eating cooked vegetables.  Caleb is hard working.  He is well rounded.  And he gives the best foot massages ever!
Jonny goes by Jonathan at school but I think he will always be my Jonny.  He is smart, funny, and never fails to give me hugs throughout the day.  He has a great memory and often reminds me of things that I need to do.  Jonny is a bit accident prone-- two scars on his forehead, two chipped front teeth, and numerous bee stings-- but he does not let that stop him.  He is an inspiration!   Jonny is a great student too. 
William is one of a kind.  He has a strange sense of humor, but is able to make us all laugh.  He is springy, energetic, and fearless!  He is a stuntman.  He is determined.  He can do anything he puts his mind to.  He likes things in a particular order.  William is a literal thinker.  He takes everything at face value.  William would be happy to live on hamburgers, chicken nuggets, and cereal for the rest of his life.  In all honesty, William can be difficult to understand, but once you really get to know him it makes it all worthwhile.  Recently, I was given the book, Look Me in the Eyes.  Let me just say that it was a very therapeutic read.

5 comments:

  1. HI Christine,

    I'm wondering is you ever heard of the Feingold diet for William. I remember years ago reading on your blog that he had SPD. It has helped many with SPD. We put Mia on this in December and, knock on wood, her moodiness and strange behavior is totally gone. We will wait six months to evaluate whether the results are real or not, but so far, a miracle in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting about the allergy. How'd they figure it out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, I came across your blog a few months ago, whilst searching for big-family-raising, Christian moms. I find reading blogs and books by people like you inspire me to be a better mom - your blog is the best. I so enjoy every post, I have loved getting to know your family. I love the way you describe your children, with such a deep love and positivity. I only hope that as my little family grows (God knows I would love as many as you have ;) That I could raise them as well as you raise yours. Well done, and thank you! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have oral allergy syndrome as well..almonds set it off as well just fyi!! apples, cherries, almonds, peaches are the worst offenders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes have a hard time keeping Andrew and Jonny straight. I know if I knew them I wouldn't, but from afar they look a lot alike.
    I love all your little biographies of your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.