Wednesday, January 1, 2014

On the First Day

Happy New Year's Day!
What an amazing first day.
My Mom made potato dough piroshki.
She made 1/2 with potato and cheese filling and the 1/2 with beef and cabbage.
The kids helped too.

With the leftover dough she made plain potato rolls.  Mmmmmmm!  So yummy!
Here is the first official order for oven mitts---done.  For those of you who have emailed expressing interest in a pair, the cost is $40.  Thank you so much for your orders and donations!  I'd hug you if I could.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With the New Year, have you made any resolutions?
Some of mine include losing another 10 pounds (I was shy 1.4 pounds of making my end of the year weight loss goal) , analyzing how we do home school and the pros and cons of common core, reading more with the kids, and spending more time in prayer.
Tonight at dinner, John had us go around the table and share our main resolution.
My main resolution is to love more by being more patient and focusing on the bigger picture and not get so caught up in my worldly desires. 
Tonight I went back to read some of my earmarked pages of the book Anything by Jennie Allen.
 
~Die to live.  Lose to find.  Empty yourself to be filled.~

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss this past year! Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made any specific resolutions because I never keep them for very long. I would like to loose some weight, so I will plug away at it without getting all stressed out because I broke my new years resolution. I know I will be successful :-) Happy New Year to all of you! Such a lovely family.

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I did not make any resolutions but will try to do more work on Christian service projects this year with my family. Thanks, Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.