Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Not a Fan

I read the book Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman a year ago.  I began reading it to the kids recently for our family devotion time.   I was very excited to find that there are a few videos on the book.  I wanted to share them with you. 

Hope your week is going well.  For the first time ever, I watched the first episode of Downton Abbey.  I'm not sorry that I did.
  
As a family we finally finished the last Little House on the Prairie episode where Walnut Grove gets blown up.  Strange, but it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders after all of these months.  Anna however could watch the episodes with Albert over and over again.  And Julia, Galina, Annalyn, and Anna are thinking of starting from season 1 all over again.
 
I might join them here and there but other than that, I watched LHOP all the way through once and I don't need to do it again. 
 
As for me, I think John and I are going to savor Downton Abbey for the next year.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! My older children love Downtown Abbey. Some of the subject matter in Downtown Abbey I feel is not really geared to younger children. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Downton Abbey. I bought the first 3 seasons last year and we watched them to get ready for the 4th season which started here a couple of weeks ago. It is so good - marvelous script, great acting by all the cast and I LOVE the clothes. No one can do it like the British.

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I love a bit of Downton! My brother lives about 10 minutes from the castle that it is filmed at so we have been round it a couple of times and its huge! :) I would advise that as the series progress the themes are very adult so maybe not kids! Very good though and never fails to disappoint
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. After you are caught up on Downton, you should start PBS' "Call the Midwife". It is about midwives in post-war England and is fantastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Call the Midwife! Based on a true story. Incredible women working as midwives in one of London's poorest areas. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.