Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Grace Haven Family Page

Julia has been busy now that finals are over.  All of my high school girls took their three finals in one day.  They took them with a group of other home schoolers from the charter school with teachers present just like in a regular school setting.  It is a pain to drive an hour for these things, but I do appreciate that my girls continue to have these experiences for when they go to college.
 
Anyway, please check out her beautiful work.  These are a few of the most recent orders.  Thank you again to everyone who has ordered and donated towards our adoption.

It is not to late to place an order for beanies, headbands, or snowflake earrings.
 
In addition to these handmade items, Galina and I are working on a Morris Press Cookbook with a compilation of all the recipes that we personally have used and enjoy.  This is something I have wanted to do for a while since I have a huge binder with a gazillion printed out, torn out, and scribbled on pieces of paper with recipes that I use.  It is not very practical in the kitchen.  I long for one book with all of my favorite recipes in it, and so I am determined to get this done.  Plus I would like for each of my children to have one for when they are grown and out on their own.
When the book is closer to being completed I will begin taking orders.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another fundraiser that will be starting this weekend is car window decals.  They are so cool, I can't wait to show you!  Really, you will want to check back on this one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to say thank you again to all who have prayed, emailed, and supported us this far.  On the first day of our announcement, a friend emailed to let me know that her and her husband wanted to donate towards our adoption.   It was very humbling, especially since I know that their own adoption journey has not been an easy one.  Thank you again.  With the help of Grace Haven Ministries, we now have a family account set up where tax deductible donations can be made to help bring our daughter home.
 
Our adoption page can be found here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the adoption front, all of our home study paperwork has been completed.  John and I had our physicals yesterday.  The doctor's office went above and beyond nice to help us with the form.  However, it was their first time filling it out and they had some trouble.   It was so stressful for me in the beginning that I actually had high blood pressure, the first time ever.  John insisted that the nurse retake it a few minutes later and it was back to normal, and all of the mistakes had been crossed out, corrected, and initialed.
 
I am so glad that this part if over with!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and rejoicing in your new endeavor! The smiles on your kids faces is enough evidence for me. You and John are doing a great job loving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting to follow you on another adoption journey! :) This is going to be one loved little girl (especially with ALL those big brothers!).

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.