Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Little Background

So the cat is out of the bag.  We are adopting again.
 
Over the summer we had made the commitment to adopt another child, Little Guy, when his family contacted us.  We put every effort into loving and helping him.  Just when we thought things were definitely moving forward with his placement, the family changed their mind and took him back.  In the blink of an eye he was gone.
 
It didn't make sense, and we certainly felt an absence in our home like someone was missing, but we eventually came to terms that this decision was out of our control and probably for the best.  He is still with his family from what I am told, and that is good since I know that he loves them.
 
That was four months ago.  After taking some time for our family to adjust to how things were before he came, John and I began discussing adoption again.  The need is just so great. 
 
In November John and I took part in Orphan Sunday by setting up a booth at our church.   Though it did not turn out quite how we envisioned, God was still at work.  Through the booth we were connected with another adoptive family, and it made us think.
 
Adoption has blessed our family each and every time, and if we have open arms, why not?
We decided to adopt again.
 
But nothing was in the works quite yet.  We wanted to reconnect while celebrating our 20th anniversary, and see where God was leading.
 
While there, I received two emails asking if we would be interested in adopting.  One was a newborn with Prader-Willi Syndrome, and the other was through a disruption.   In my heart, these emails confirmed that we are headed down the right path.   After some correspondence, I was grateful to find that there were other interested families, two of which really wanted to commit to the these children.  Yay!
 
Back home, we decided on a country, and a child, and began the process.  With initial costs in hand, we began the paper chase with full steam ahead. 
 
Without revealing too many details just yet, I will say that this is a completely new adventure for us.  New country, new process, new timeframe....
 
For now, I am putting together our fundraisers.  My hope and prayer is that we raise at least 1/3 of the adoption costs which is $10,000.   Julia has offered to start off the efforts by crocheting these  adorable head bands and flower beanies.  Available in many colors, they make a perfect gift just in time for Christmas.
 
Headbands are $17 each including shipping.  Beanies are $20.  Please email me at thereed8 at yahoo.com to place your order.  Let me know if you want an adult or child size and the color.
 
Let me say ahead of time, thank you so much.  Every donation is a huge blessing.  There is a Pitch In box on the side for Paypal donations. 
 




P.S.  In the past I have made an adoption blog to follow along, but honestly, I just do not have the time.  I will be blogging this journey on this blog only-- Smiles and Trials.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Excited for your new journey and praying for your funds!
    I never did get a cook book the last time you did those for fundraising so would love to get a couple of them should you do it again!
    Love you all! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you an email now.....YAY GOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!!! Congratulations!! So excited to hear more! Will be e -mailing you with my headband and hat orders. They are beautiful as are you and you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! So excited for you and looking forward to hearing more. I will e e-mailing you with a big headband and hat order!!! They are beautiful as are you and your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love another adoption sticker for my car if u have any of those left.cara

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.