Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! So, so much to be thankful for.   God, family, friends, memories, new beginnings, plenty of food, and a cousin who likes to take tons of pictures.

Aunt Tanya with Cousin Jenn
Grandma and Grandpa

Julia and Cousin Matt
Aunt Lisa and Jonny




Caleb with Taylar











We had 32 people, 20 pounds of turkey, 20 pounds of mashed potatoes, 4 pounds of fresh fried green beans, 4 pounds of garlic roasted brussel sprouts, 6 pounds of creamed corn, and almost 22 pounds of ham.  It was quite a feast!



Some of the kids have had a 12 hour bug come and go.  After a rough night William spent most of the day on the couch taking it easy.

Jonny showing Uncle Jack another card trick.
A big surprise this Thanksgiving was Galina's biological sister coming over.  So far so good.  After three years it is wonderful to see real smiles, genuine laughter, and a new beginning. 

Taylar and Oliver





Getting ready to pray.
Sharing Thanksgiving dinner together.

Uncle Willy and Aunt Trish


Adam flipping out on the trampoline.

The whole group

9 comments:

  1. Hi! I love big family celebrations. They are a lot of fun. I cooked a 30 pound turkey. My daughter made the apple pies. We had a very blessed day with the family. My children are thankful that they lived in America. Blessings, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is awesome. I just love that you have so many people to get together and celebrate Thanksgiving. Imagine in 10-20 years, when you have grandkids? So much love!

    Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and what a blessing to have Galina's sister come! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, I was curious about the food prep, what a wonderful gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole group -- where's Paul? Is he the photographer?
    Hugs,
    JEB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey JEB, good eye. No one else noticed. He was upstairs glued to the I-pad playing games. He is in some of the other pictures, but not that one. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Cuz for the hospitality and all the good food and a great time. probably the best Thanksgiving we've had in years. Loved the turnout. We'll have to try for an encore show next year.

    @ JEB: actually the camera was set on a tripod with the camera set to timer. I was sort of the unofficial photographer. I tried to get lots of pictures of everyone but between the socializing and large group, I wasn't always able to keep track of everyone. So unfortunately if someone such as Paul was hiding in his room, they didn't appear in as many.

    And I'll need to start showing Annalyn some of my tricks and techniques. She wants to start getting into photography too. So one day, I can pass the torch to her and she can be the one working the room.

    -Cousin Matt & Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lot of fun.

    Your William seems a lot like my Tyler.

    My AVG alert always comes on when I click on your blog. It says it's because of widgets. I have no clue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures !! :)
    Annalyn is so tall, I ber she has grown a few inches this past year ;)
    Much love to all of you !

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.