Saturday, November 16, 2013

On our Way

This week has flown by.  A dentist appointment, trip to Costco, and two parent teacher conferences later and I am now sitting in an airport waiting for out first flight.  Adam and Galina dropped us off half an hour ago.  The rest of the kids are at home with my Mom sleeping.

This is really happening.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

We are on our way to Belize to celebrate our 20th anniversary... a bit early. 

Typhoid and Malaria immunizations- check.
Sunscreen and Mosquito repellent- check.
Hiking shoes- check.
Almonds and cranberries- check.
Sun hats- check.
Underwater camera- check.
Nerves of steel- check.

Well that last one I am not to sure about, but I will sure need them if I am going to actually zipline across the jungle.  Can you believe that?  Me, Christine, actually gliding like a monkey through the trees.  It sounds like fun and since I am not getting any younger.  It's now or never.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for joining me on a weight loss journey, I am excited that many of you want to join.  I know you can do it.  Just start today by drinking at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water.  And fill half your plate with salad and vinaigrette for lunch and dinner.  Oh, and get out and do twenty minutes of activity.  It's a start.  Remember, weight loss begins with the right frame of mind.  It takes a while to feel committed, but you can do it. 

Also, analyze your goals.  Do you want to feel healthier?  Get in shape?  Lose a few pounds?  Lose thirty pounds?  If you want to lose thirty pounds or more like I did, you should start out with smaller goals.  I started with a ten pound goal.  Then I went to a seven pound goal, then five, and so on.  I would also try to aim for 1-2 pounds per week.   As you begin to lose weight, you will find your will power gets stronger as does your determination.  This was something new to me since I normally would get weaker as my diet progressed.  I guess one of the keys is to think of this journey not so  much as a diet but more of a lifestyle change.

Email or leave me a comment.  Please let me know how you are doing.  What is working for you?  Where are you struggling?  What is your biggest weakness at the moment?  You can email me pictures, your beginning weight and your goals-- whatever you feel will help keep you accountable.  Also, leave me your email if you would like me to respond.

Here are a few more tips.
- Switch to plain almond milk instead of cow's milk.  It has more calcium and less calories.
- In the beginning cut out all breads products.  It is a fine line-- don't cross it or the temptation will be there.
- Make sure you eat foods that are fiber rich.
- Switch to smaller plates.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Christine,
    I always cheer you on from the sidelines, regardless if it's education or whatever. When you posted inviting us to 'join' you, I was wanting to, but afraid you'd be selling some boo-coo buck program that would leave me out. Thank you for that not being the case. I have relatives that are forever selling something and trying to enlist people. I am so not into that!!
    Have a great time in Belize! I'll have to check out where that's at! LOL.
    Thanks for the inspiration. Don't worry about anything at home. It will all be waiting. Now get out there and have fun. One of the highlights of my life was ATV'ing in the Mexican jungle. Nothing like it. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Have a wonderful time on your trip. In Belize there are many missionaries who work with the native Indians . I know a local missionary who served in Belize and adopted two children as a single parent . The missionary even wrote a book about her missionary work in Belize. Praying for you and be safe and have fun,Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.