Friday, September 13, 2013

FieldTrip to the LA County Fair

Today we went on a fieldtrip to the county fair.  It was awesome!  There was so much to see.
 
There was a small exhibit on Little House on the Prairie.

We really enjoyed Pencils to Pixels.











The underwater sea life  exhibit was neat too.


Here are all my kings and queens.

I love these flowers.  They remind me of flames.  Aren't they called Flaming Flowers?  My grandfather had them planted in his front yard.
The farm animals were very entertaining.  This mama pig kept pushing her babies away from the bowl of food.
One exhibit was from seed to the store.  The kids got to plant seeds, collect chicken eggs, and milk cows.

Then they got to pick vegetables.
Lastly, they got to spend the money that they earned from farming.  When I saw how much fun the kids were having, I wish that I would have taken the younger boys out of school to go with us.












The Atrium was probably my favorite exhibit.  These  roses are like carnations with dye injected into the stem to suck up the color.





The food was very expensive.  You are looking at a $13 funnel cake.  After sharing this, we went to Wendy's for lunch.
Dennis is turning seven tomorrow.  He asked if I could bring cupcakes and drinks to his class today.  I couldn't because of the fieldtrip, but Caleb saved the day.  He gets out of school at noon because he is a senior so he went to the store and then hand delivered them to his class.  Dennis got his cupcakes.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. Caleb is so freaking sweet doing that for Dennis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good photo ops. I love that your girls have modest length shorts and capris on!

    Can't believe Caleb is a senior. I've never meet you all, but I've followed you since you were adopting Dennis or maybe a bit before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is quite the fair! I love the farming section.

    Caleb is a pretty awesome big brother for getting those cupcakes to his brother. Happy birthday, Dennis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fancy county fair. It reminds me of our Children's Museum (except for the $13 funnel cake!).

    Caleb is a good kid! Further proof that you and John are awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun field trip!

    Happy birthday, Dennis! I remember when he was just a little guy and you guys were going to bring him home. He looks so grown up now!

    How is Adam liking his first semester of college?

    M
    OR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Next week I am taking my children to the Erie Zoo. At our local zoo there is a farm exhibit that has large and small farm animals in it.At the zoo there is a children's petting zoo. The zoo also has a very large green house and the flowers that are grown there are awesome. I am glad you had a good time.Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Dennis!
    What fun times and fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool exhibit! And good job to the senior for coming through for his brother!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like so much fun!! Caleb is a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool that they had a "Little House" section for your kids to enjoy! Perfect timing, I would say!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great day!!!!
    The last time I was at the County Fair in CA, I was 5 years old! I remember my gramma and grampa took us. :)

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.