Sunday, July 28, 2013

An Awesome Beach Trip

Yesterday John and I took ten of the kids to the beach.   The three older ones had to work, and the five youngest had play dates with friends of ours from church.   
We  went to Oceanside for the whole day.  It was wonderful.
We walked on the pier.  We watched someone get surf lessons.  We saw a shovelhead shark that someone had caught.
We walked up and down the beach.
 
We ate the best homemade ice-cream.
Then I made everyone put on lots of sun screen.
The weather was awesome.  The water was perfect.

Digging in the sand was really fun until the tide came in.
All the kids enjoyed boogie boarding, but I am pretty sure they all had wipeouts.


The kids must have ran away from a thousand waves. 
Just chilling on the beach.
Building sand castles.


Building sand dolphins.
It was fun walking around the marina.
I was the first to spot these sea lions.

John and the kids had fun catching crabs.
We ate at Joe's Crab Shack for dinner.
What a wonderful way to end a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. What a FUN day with the Middle Kids!

    You are BLESSED to have friends that will watch all of the Little Guys.

    Hope your summer is going well.


    Laurel
    mama of 12

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really fun day. Probably a little different without caring for the extra needs of the little ones. It was a bit hard for me to get used to doing stuff without the ones who are working. Feels like life is always changing. I need to do an update post on my older ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cool to see your family growing up, thank you for sharing.

    While all your kids make me smile, Anastasia is the one that I really love to see photos of. She had such sad, sad eyes when you adopted her, even when smiling. Now, her smiles are full on and she really looks so happy and safe with you guys. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love your beach pictures. My children love to make designs in the sand at Presque Isle in Erie, P.A.Your daughter is quite talented.Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a heavenly day - what a wonderful bunch of children you have.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.