Friday, June 28, 2013

Enjoying Summer

Here is a late birthday present-- from my friend Debbie.   It is such a treat!  Rachel thinks so too!
We are finally getting cucumbers from our garden... and they are delicious!
I walked into the bedroom and saw this.  I thought it was too cute not to share.  Nolan put the little potty in the crib and Oliver sat on it.  At least he didn't take off his diaper!
The summer is flying by.  I can't believe the end of June is almost here.   We have been watching Little House on the Prairie almost everyday.  It is such a wonderful show.  Nolan is learning to write his name-- the right way.  Until now he was forming most of the letters wrong and was writing from right to left.  By the time summer is over I think he will be writing his name!  And hopefully he will know at least five colors too.  Alex and Dennis are working on spelling, writing, math, and reading.  They are doing quite well. I've rediscovered the joy of playing Chutes and Ladders with them.  It is one of the few kids games that I can actually tolerate.   Rachel has a new job, where Caleb works, and I am so thankful.  It is much closer to home.  Tomorrow Nolan goes for his post-op appt. on his ear.  I hope that she sees how well he is doing and goes ahead and schedules his next surgery soon.  It would be nice to have it out of the way before school starts.  We saw Monster's University last weekend.  It was a real treat.  Oliver slept through it as long as I covered his ears.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. The theater didn't work out for Rachel?

    Jasmine and I saw M.U. while we were traveling. I thought it had some good messages and was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! When my children had jobs I tried to have them get jobs close to home due to transportation issues.Taking younger children out at night to pick up a working child could be hard but we did it.Good luck with working out the work schedules and transportation, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your birthday gift!
    Praying for a good report for Nolan's post-op appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a lot of Little House last summer and we watched them. It was the most peaceful summer ever. We will not forget it.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.