Saturday, May 18, 2013

First Double Date

Baseball and softball are officially over. John took the kids to their last game today and to the awards ceremony at the end.   There was a waterslide that the kids went on.
They all had a great time!




Three of our kids got awards for Most Improved Player.
Jonny

Paul
And Anastasia
Way to go kids!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight something big happened.
Rachel with Brett, and Caleb with Taylar went on their first official double date to see Iron Man 3.
How exciting!
And scary too.  My kids are growing up so fast!  I am very thankful for the path they are on, and I trust them completely, but still, it is all new territory for me.  I didn't anticipate the mix of emotions I am having.  I feel blessed by how responsible and mature our oldest children are, yet to let them go out in the world makes our family so vulnerable to all the evils.  I am gently reminded that they are not in the world's hands, but in God's hands.  He's got this.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's like a right of passage for parents AND children! They have a great foundation from you and God has them in the palm of his hand. . .it doesn't mean we can't worry though! We are human, even if we're not supposed to worry. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you concerning the older kids. I have three "adult children" in the house. Some days they seem more adult, other days more children! The situations and the decisions get harder. As does standing by as they make their own decisions and find their way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My children did not want to play softball or baseball this year. They are looking forward to playing sports this summer at summer camp.My daughter volunteers with a local special needs ice skating program-Gliding Stars in Erie. She got an award for the volunteer of the year for her volunteer work she does in that program. I was so proud of her as I know you are of your children. Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.