Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Adam is 18!

Happy birthday Adam!
My first baby is all grown!  18!  Wow!  I remember when Dad and I first saw you and held you through the night.  We stared at your angelic little face in awe of all that you would grow up to be.
We are so very proud of you!
In true Reed birthday fashion, we spread out his celebration over a few days with more celebrating to come.  It started with a family dinner out with grandparents-- no small feat.  Our usual restaurant let me down saying that they could not take a reservation this particular night, so I called around till I found one that did.  A literal hole in the wall, enticed by a 20% off coupon, we were all pleasantly surprised with how great the food was.  It helped that the restaurant encourages reservations (notice our reserved sign).


Just as we were being served our food, the place started filling up.  By the time we left  there were people waiting outside for a table.  Though we planned to open presents there, we thought it would be nicer to free up the tables and open them at home. 
Yes it was Adam's birthday, but I am pretty sure that Nolan enjoyed the singing and blowing out the candles best!




Happy birthday Adam! 
Sunday we celebrated with our small group and this coming weekend Adam will have a few friends over.  Thankfully I don't have to plan pin the tail on the donkey, or a water balloon fight. ;)

8 comments:

  1. Very Happy Birthday to you Adam! I pray that as you start the next phase of your life, God will be glorified in you and you will find happiness beyond belief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Adam! And Mom. We know who really gets the credit for him making it safely to 18!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I love the pictures of Noaln next to Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love looking at Nolan's adorable little face in these pictures. So stinkin CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! How did Adam get to be so grown up already?

    Happy Birthday, Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Adam!

    Man, I started reading your blog back when he was 14, I believe. Crazy how fast kids grow.

    Nolan stole the show in all those photos. What a cute little guy and SO excited about cake and candles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little Nolan is just too adorable!!! I can tell he is really enjoying the whole thing. He is just so precious. Happy birthday to your big boy too. The time goes way too quickly. I have been reading your blog since before Dennis came home! Lots of water have gone under the bridge since then eh? I enjoy reading about you and your brood :-)

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Adam looks so happy on his birthday.I wish that he is blessed by many more blessed birthdays.Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.