Thursday, April 11, 2013

Kids Keep on Growing Up

Last Saturday we made homemade pizza. John was gone with Adam up at one of the colleges he has been accepted to so I was home with the rest of the kids.  We also had Taylar and Rachel's friend Brett over. 
I came up with the idea to precook the pizza crust just a little so it wouldn't be so flimsy.  This worked out great! 
Look at Rachel the dancing sweeper listening to her Ipod.  :)
Alex kept rubbing his left eye and was complaining of pain so I took him to the Optometrist today for a full exam.  Everything checked out fine and he doesn't need glasses, but if you tell him these are not glasses you'll burst his bubble.  After they dilated his eyes, they gave him these to wear and now he wants to take them for show and tell tomorrow!
Our homeschool charter requires the kids to do some sort of visual or performing arts, so I have started doing art projects with them.  The first try at this assignment many of the kids were arguing how it was too hard.  "Mom, can't I take and F?"  I insisted that they follow the directions and redo it till they got the concept of this project being an illusion.  In the end, I actually think the kids were pleased with their finished project.  I know I am. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The other day after teaching a few of the kids about pollination, we went for a walk.  As we admired the different front yards we passed a home with a hummingbird decoration in the tree.  Anastasia pointed it out as she remembered that it was called a "hummy" bird.  Close enough and the highlight of my walk!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caleb got a job as a busboy!  He is so excited.  Way to go!
 
 

10 comments:

  1. My siblings and I did that art project awhile back - just for the fun of it - and I think yours turned out much cooler than ours. Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the kids' arts are wonderful ! I can imagine it took a lot of time, but the end result was worth it, wasn't it ? :) Congratulations to these hard workers !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The art projects look really nice. I bet it was a lot of work, but now they can be proud of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hand pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have instructions for the hand pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recall the art projects from last year were really good, but these are great! You should post more of these!

    Loved the hummy bird !

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Your children's art works are wonderful.The homeschooling school my children attend has an art teacher who sells additional individual art lesson plans which demonstrate in detail how the final art projects are suppose to look.The lesson plans offer step by step instructions on how to do the techniques which are needed to do the art assignments.Good luck, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really cool? Where did you get the directions? I'm interested in trying it over here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it freaking you out that one of your kids is actually going to college soon? Ahhhhh! :)

    Those hand drawings came out beautifully. I really want to do that, but haven't had the time.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.