Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Post Without a Name

I was so sad to hear about the passing of a sweet little orphan girl in Ukraine. Only six years old and she never knew the love of a family. She never got the chance to feel what it was like to be held and cuddled in her Mommy's arms. A senseless tragedy-- sweet little girl you are not forgotten.

Day and night I think about the precious children that are left to grow up alone.  How could I not?  I look at my own children and think about the day to day things they have that we often take for granted.  Something as simple as a fresh change of clothes... a teeth brushing... a kiss goodnight.  I can pick up the phone and get a same day doctor appointment for my kids when they are sick.  If there is something wrong with them we have access to good medical care.  We have the money to pay for co-pays and prescriptions and they don't have to go without. We have 24 hour pharmacies should they wake in the middle of the night and need medicine to reduce their fever.  Most orphans are not so lucky.   My eyes have been opened to the plight of these children and I cannot turn away and act like they do not exist.  Looking into the eyes of these children is like looking into the eyes of Jesus.  They are in orphanages all over the world, and they need love and hope--- a family! 

Matthew 25:40
The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Just look at precious Colton.  Isn't he a doll?  He has the cutest chubby cheeks!  Just imagine the picture of him coming to life for real when he sees his Mama and Dada for the first time!

Here is Seth.  Oh my-- what an adorable little guy.  Seth is almost 2 years old.  His grant fund is currently at $0.  You can make a difference by donating a few dollars to help with his adoption costs.  Most adoptions cost around $25k so every little bit will help.
And look at Gary!  What a handsome young man.  I'm sure he would blossom in a family.  Who is going to give him that chance?
Gary 158 OD
These are just three little boys in need of a forever family.  It seems like a drop in the bucket when there are thousands of orphans that are available for adoption.  But for these three little boys, a family would mean the world to them.  Literally.   There are so many ways to help orphans if you are not able to adopt.  You can advocate for them, pray for them, and donate to their grant fund to help another family with the adoption costs.
For the most part, everyone is doing better... except me.  At a follow-up appointment for William the staff said I sounded very sick.  They urged me to go to the doctor.  I told them that I was okay (even though I was feeling worse) and that I would go if I began to run a fever.  When I wasn't looking one of the nurses came up behind me to take temperature.  It was 99.7.  So I went.  The doctor said I  had fluid in one ear and bronchitis.  He prescribed antibiotics along with other meds.  I am now in bed resting.  William is looking better though he still has white spots on the back of his throat.  He has been taking naps almost everyday and his left arm has a burning sensation since this past Sunday.  Of course I asked about a stroke, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, and mono.  She also mentioned a few other things and we went to the lab with blood test orders in hand.  Please pray that everything comes back fine.  Oliver is doing so much better.  His breathing is back to normal. :)
Here is a few things about the kids.

So far Alex is having an amazing week!  I think it has to do with his birthday right around the corner since he is always talking about it and the presents that he wants.  However Rachel is convinced it is all her doing.  She says that every morning when she packs his lunch she says that if he promises to have good behavior she will pack him some hot Cheetos!  And Alex loves hot Cheetos!  I say whatever works!

Nolan's favorite thing to do these days is to look at all the grocery store ads.  He also likes when his brothers bring home book orders.  He can look at those things for 10 minutes at a time.  He is beginning to communicate more and more.  He can "What Mom", "Why", "More", "All done" and of course "No."  I'm sure he can say lots more, but the cough syrup I took has fogged my thoughts for now.

Paul, Anastasia, and Sveta are learning all about fractions.  They can reduce them and change them from mixed fractions to improper fractions and vice versa.  Paul struggles more than the girls but this is his first year of homeschool and wee basically had to start at the very beginning.  He is catching up so fast!

At softball practice tonight Galina, Anastasia, and Julia worked on sliding.  If not for them wearing sliders (thigh, hip, and bottom padding) they would have gotten bruised up.

We finally got rid of our old refrigerator that was a gift to us when we got married.  As long as it was plugged in and cold when the electric company came to pick it up they would haul it away and give us $35.  Not bad-- and it caused me to clean out the garage and finally plug in the newer fridge that my Mom gave us a few months ago.


Anonymous said...

Hi! My heart like yours goes toward orphans and aiding them.I know that the three boys you mentioned in your blog will have very limited and hard lives in their native countries- where medical care is so limited unless individuals have a lot of money to pay privately and orphans may be viewed as second class citizens in these countries and medical care may be very limited.I know first hand about the orphan care stories that are told at the Ukraine church we attend.Our church has a ministry that aids people in the Ukraine who adopt Ukraine orphans.I pray nightly that these orphans find homes.Pat

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Praying that these sweet orphans find a forever home and praying that you and your family all feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. I'm so glad you have so many really competent, loving, and KIND girls ready to help you.

The picture in my mind's eye of Nolan pouring over the grocery store ads is just so touching.