Kids are sick. John is sick. Fevers around 102. I have a cough.
I think it is the flu. John with his asthma was sounding really sick, so I got him to go to Urgent Care. He is on antibiotics for bronchitis.
Dennis has been home all week. The school called for me to pick up Alex yesterday. I took him to the doctor today because I thought he had another UTI on top of everything else-- thankfully he does not. For whatever reason I taught Alex to catheterize himself today. I think it was about time. It takes him 10 minutes instead of the 2 that it takes me, but I am hopeful that he will only get faster with practice. Now if I can only get him to remember to wash his hands before and after and find a watch that goes off every 3 hours-- he could do this all by himself. I'm hoping to achieve this by his 8th birthday.
As I type this I can hear the wind blowing. It's the kind of wind that feels like the house is going to blow over. At least is not a bone chilling wind like it was the other day. Still, this is definitely soup weather.
Or in William's case-- tri tip weather cooked under the broiler.
Whatever. It was nice though to have him compliment my cooking.
We also made vereniki again. Yum.
Oliver was evaluated by his teacher to see how much progress he has made in the past few months. He is now at the 9-11 month range. He used to be in the 6-8 month range with even some 4 month stuff. Though I was excited to hear of his progress, I personally feel like the numbers don't do him justice. Oliver has learned so many new things these past few months. He imitates, tries to use sign language, pulls up, stands, crawls, climbs stairs, walks along furniture, plays peek-a-boo, holds a bottle, hand feeds himself, and much more. I am so excited to see what he will learn next!
Adam and Caleb took finals before Christmas and just got their report cards-- straight A's. Rachel, Annalyn, and Julia took their finals last week and just got their grades. Lots of A's for them too! We are very proud of them.
Tomorrow Nolan and Oliver were supposed to have tubes put in their ears. Since they are both running fevers and have been exposed to whatever is going around our family, I have decided to cancel the procedure. Hopefully we can reschedule as soon as they are better.
And now to figure out what to do for Annalyn's birthday. She is turning 15 this weekend.