Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's Always Something

Up till now, Rachel had never touched raw meat.  I thought it was high time she get over it.  With the right incentive, she actually mixed up the 8 pound meatloaf.
She put little sandwich bags on her hands so she didn't have to actually touch it.  Whatever.
Dennis is really enjoying BSF (bible study fellowship).  This past Tuesday he actually took his binder with all his lessons for show and tell at school. 
Sveta is sooooo in love.  You should have seen how proud she was when Oliver fell asleep in her arms.
Caleb is an official driver now!  He passed his driver's test this past Wednesday.  To celebrate I told him that he would get to be the one to run to the store for milk or bread the next five times.   Adam gave me a high five when he heard that.
Oliver is crawling all over the house.  One of his favorite places to go is the back door.  Since it was raining we let the dogs in.  They were very patient with him.
Today Julia made homemade corn bread with honey butter while I made turkey chili.  A perfect rainy day meal.
Rachel helped Alex finish up his homework, while Jonny attempted to overlook Dennis do his homework.  Dennis is a bit of a perfectionist and he wants to do it all on his own. 
I finally had pictures printed of Oliver and Nolan.  These are the puzzle frames that were a fundraiser to help bring the boys home.  I think they turned out so cute.  Thanks to everyone who helped the boys come home.


mamaporuski said...

You can never have too many drivers! Yeah Caleb!
Congratulations Rachel for diving into the world of raw meat. I don't like touching raw eggs. Texture is everything!
Hugs to you all, can't wait to see you again!

Mama Ds Dozen said...

Love all of the pictures of daily life!

So look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

:) :) :)

Kathy C. said...

Way to go Caleb! My extra drivers will be moving on in the next couple of years and we have a big gap before another driver. Adam doesn't drive. Turned 18 and still hasn't "gotten around to it." Wish I knew why he really didn't want to drive. He kept complaining he was the only teen on planet earth that didn't drive so I set him up with his drug education. He did that and then never took the test for his permit. It's been almost two years.

Lisa said...

When I make my meatloaf or I have extended contact with meat (meatballs and such) I use gloves since I really hate the feel of the meat.
Cool beans on the new driver in the house it will come in so handy!
Love the pictures of Oliver. So proud of Dennis and his love of Bible school I love to see that. My little one's love bible school and sunday school and as my 3yr old say Rainbow school. Good job mama.

GracefulMommy said...

Tell your Rachel that is how I do it too! Baggies or gloves that throw away.

I loved all the pictures.

Annie said...

Sounds like a much better idea to use "gloves" for mixing up the meat, anyway. I know when I do it, the problem is that I've taken it out of the refrigerator and my hands ache with the cold!

Such sweet photos!