Friday, January 25, 2013

Adoption

I just listened to a sermon on adoption.  Wow-- powerful stuff.   When you travel half way around the world where there are a million orphans, how do you bring home just one?  And all the children... all the orphans... they have all slipped through the hands of the bride of Christ.  We are the bride of Christ.  We can do something.  We can make a difference.  Please listen and be challenged and touched and inspired!  Click here and click on watch video.  And there is more.  Imagine a state not having any foster children waiting to be adopted.  Is that not absolutely amazing?  Wonderful.  Beautiful.  Watch here.

Thanks!  And happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I just linked to that article from my daughter in law's facebook. :)
    AWESOME article.
    I'll listen to the sermon when we get back from the dentist.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the title of the song in the beginning? It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I think if adoption program fees for international countries were lower more families would adopt.Also with Russian adoptions families are having to make 3-4 trips to Russia.That is a lot of money. I feel sorry for all the families who have lost a lot of money due to Russia closing their adoption program.It is nice when families can adopt orphans.Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I agree that adoption fees for international adoptions should be lower. Also, as Christine mentions in her post, keep in mind that many children are waiting to be adopted right here in the United States - and families do not have to pay exorbitant fees. I am an attorney for children in the foster care system, and I have many children on my caseload who are waiting for a family. At least in California, families who adopt children from foster care actually RECEIVE money from the state to help them care for those children. So if a family truly wants to adopt a child, fees should never be the reason they choose not to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is amazing! I want to help do this in our state!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.