Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Christmas Spirit

Christmas is in the air.  A time to celebrate our Savior's birth, to give, to make memories, and to cherish family time.  
These are Andrew and Jonny's presents to their teachers.  Even though they wanted to take them this morning I didn't let since they hadn't written their cards out yet.  So today after school they each wrote their teacher a nice message.  Now they can take their gifts tomorrow.
John has been busy working on William's birthday present-- a half pipe for skating.
I finally canned for the very first time-- Cranberry Curd.  I had been putting it off for days because I didn't have Grand Marnier.  This was one thing Adam couldn't pickup for me at the grocery store.  I finally picked up the orange liqueur and began making the decadent topping for canning.  All was going well up to the part where I was pulling the jars out of the water bath when out of the corner of my eye I noticed the orange liqueur bottle siting unopened on the counter.  Drats!
The good news-- every jar sealed properly!  And we taste tested one jar and it was delicious despite not having the flavor enhancement. 
John picked up a double stroller one evening and handed me a 20% off coupon along with the receipt.  The next time I was out shopping I stopped by the store and asked them to adjust the price.  They did!
Now we have wheels for the little boys when we go on outings!
In fact, I think we have one planned very soon!
I bought a few crafts for the kids from Oriental Trading Company.  Today I pulled them out so the kids could work on them.  Caleb was not very happy about it, but smiled big as an early Christmas present to me.  Gotta love him!

The plan is to fill these bags with yummy treats!
Caleb and Adam took Rachel out to lunch today.  I had no idea where they were going-- just the general vicinity.  When back home I asked them where they went.
"We got a $5 pizza from Little Caesar's and ate it in the car."  LOL-- teenagers! 


Christie Minich said...

I was looking at that picture with Caleb.... All the kids are growing up so fast! We were noticing that at our house too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!I love the idea that your older sons took Rachael out for lunch.She will remember that when she has her own children-good brother and sister bonding time.My older son took my younger son to Subway and they ate a sub together today.My younger son will remember all the good times he had with his older brother.Pat

Kathy C. said...

Your trio is growing up! Your Caleb and my Adam seem to be a bit alike. He helps out creating the crafts for my books just because he's a good sport. I know he couldn't care less about crafts in general!

Hevel said...

Oh my gosh, those paperbags are just the cutest things ever! So nice that Caleb was willing to help out to make you happy. One day he will be a good husband!

Heidi Teasley said...

I just have to say that I spent the last few weeks reading almost your entire blog and you are such an inspiration. When I feel my frustration mounting I have to stop and think about how you would handle the situation. It helps me look at things from a different perspective. Our son has an autism spectrum disorder and is quite challenging at times. My husband has a more mild firm of the same thing and doesn't always understand why I get upset. Thank you for sharing and being a great source of encouragement for so many.