Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

The New Year will be here soon.  How exciting!  We are all watching a movie right now and I am typing up  this quick post before I get to bed.  I don't feel very well-- many of us are battling colds including myself.  Thankfully my other issues are doing better, but I am definitely sick of being sick.  John and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary yesterday.   The kids were amazing as they shooed us out the door.   John and I went out to dinner and a movie.  We shared a plate of caprese followed by my two top choices off the menu.  That's a John thing ordering my 2nd choice-- since our first date.  Then we went to see Silver Linings Playbook.  Overlooking the language, it was an excellent movie.  He got me a new laptop which I am typing on now.  It has Windows   8 which will take some time getting used to, but I am enjoying the touch screen and lit keyboard. 

As I look around the living room, I see Dennis fidgeting with his feet, Nolan cuddling up to me, and Rachel's feet being rubbed by Sveta.  Such a simple observation, but a reminder of how blessed I am.

We have had many ups and down, many smiles and trials, but our life is one filled with richness and love and laughter and patience.

Just the other day, Dennis came up to the bathroom to brush his teeth after dinner.  He was still chewing his last bite of chicken.  I gave him his brush ad left the room to get Nolan in his pajamas.  A minute later I returned as Dennis was wiping his mouth on the towel.  I noticed he was still chewing.  A bit confused I asked,  "What is in your mouth?"
"Chicken," Dennis answered.
"But didn't you brush your teeth?"
"Yes, I brushed," he said matter-of-factly.

I got a good chuckle out of that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyway, I really need to hit the hay.  I hope you all have a wonderful New Year.  May 2013 introduce you to the plans God has for  you-- and you may take that leap of faith and live recklessly for Him!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. May 2013 be filled with new adventures and many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed aloud at the Dennis story. Too cute!

    Happy New Year to your and your family. May your 2013 be even better than 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Chritine! May you and your family enjoy a healthy and blessed 2013!!

    The Harrison's in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better. Windows 8 does take some getting used to, touch screen or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!I hope your family continues to be blessed this coming up year.Happy New Year Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.