Thursday, November 29, 2012

Three Updates

His promises are new everyday.  I woke up greatly encouraged.  He is our hope.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oliver's teacher came out this morning to work with him.  He is a little sponge soaking up every little thing around him.  He is learning how to push a toy car back and forth and how its wheels turn.  He likes to get up on all fours like he is about to crawl and then psychs you out by sitting back down.  He is getting more technical with his "more" sign and can blow kisses too.  He has the cutest bye bye wave of any little baby ever and he loves being the center of all of our attention.  His reflux is so much better now that he taking a slow release Prevacid pill every morning.  He is scheduled to see an opthamalogist, an orthopedist, and to have an echocardiogram.  Once he has cardio clearance he will have tubes put in his ears to hopefully improve his hearing.

Nolan is doing great.  His palate is completely healed and next he will have one tube put in his ear while the other one is explored to see what is causing it to continually drain.  I just signed his IEP so it is only a matter of time before he begins preschool where he will receive speech and occupational therapy.

Adam will be having his wisdom teeth pulled later next month.  This is the first step to treating his TMJ.  If you remember, can you please lift up a prayer for him.  He will be finding out some very important news tomorrow.

Before I head off to bed I can cross one more thing off my list.  Christmas cards are done along with a family newsletter.  Now if I can only get the envelopes addressed.

6 comments:

  1. My ears tend to continually drain too. In my case, EEC syndrome has lead to a conductive hearing loss, because of which I have to wear hearing aids now.
    When I was yougner, my parents were told not to let me swimming underwater and to cover my ears when going outside, I am prone to otitis and other ear infections because of the palate clefting and of EEC syndrome - I recently read an article about a study that was made by the University of Missouri and that showed that all the patients with EEC had otitis and 93% an hearing loss.
    However, I received my hearing aid when I was 14, because the doctors also thought that if I had received it when I was about 4 or 5, my ears would have stopped "making efforts" to hear. But I always have had an appointment every 2 or 3 months to check my hearing and clear the wax, etc, and other appointments if I had an infection.
    Now, what helps for my ears' draining is "Deicol", which I put 2 or 3 times a day during 10 days when I've got ear draining. Iyt usually helps to clear up the infection and if it doesn't, the doctor clears up the wax.

    I thought my experience with hearing problems could maybe help you. :)

    I do hope Nolan will enjoy school when he'll be enrolled !!

    God bless you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Adam gets good news about his future plans. This is where I am with my Adam too. He's competing for the ROTC scholarship. He's not pursuing it very aggressively though. But he is college bound while being in the Marine reserves either way.

    Big kids issues are so different aren't they? Ty and Jessica are both waiting on news about their future plans and they are 21 & 22. Jeff is on his way to afganistan in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Adam - as he has his wisdom teeth removed and for GREAT news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas cards done? No wonder you can manage a big family. I don't even have baby announcements done, or thank you notes to all the people who have been so kind to us lately. I feel ABSOLUTELY overwhelmed. You are one amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers being lifted for you and all the children. . .and John too! : ) I always kind of cheat with the labeling of my Christmas cars. . .I have a label doc set up in my computer with all the names and addresses. I load the labels, press print, and voila! All I have to do is affix them. Not very personal, but I think pople excuse me because I have a small child. You have many, so. . .Wishing you all a Blessed Advent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!I hope Adam gets that wonderful scholarship.My daughter received a scholarship for part of her college expense.It is a real blessing.Good luck, Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.