Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

As we prepared Thanksgiving dinner in the morning, Nolan was busy doing his own thing.
Isn't he cute?
I think we have our first left hander of the family.
We had a full house for Thanksgiving.
Sveta with our friend Amanda doing a puzzle.  By the end of the evening all 500 pieces were finished.
Our friend Chelsea with Oliver.  Please pray for our little olliepop to get his full energy back.  Despite all of his tests coming back normal, he is still lethargic off and on. 




The turkey was 24 pounds, and the ham was nearly 10 pounds.  Plenty of food for 30 people!












Later in the evening, we all played games.  Scribblish and Bubble Talk are two fun games we played!  Bubble Talk is much like Apples to Apples but funner.



Don't ask.  :)  
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!  Family, friends, fun, and food.  We are blessed.

11 comments:

  1. You remember special paper plates. I didn't even think about it until the food was ready so we ended up using plain white! Good thing it really didn't matter. I bought Christmas after season last year and I guess I was thinking I'd bought Thanksgiving too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun was had by all. I have to ask. Does Nolan have a double cow lick? He seems to "suffer" from the same hair my son has. :)

    I'm sorry Oliver seems to be out of sorts. I will pray for him. Hopefully he's embarking on a growth spurt or something simple. It's no fun for a Mom to see her baby be unwell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was qite a gathering! Oh my...Looks as though everyone had a good time and so much to be thankful for Christine. All of us who have a roof over our heads and food on the table and a nice warm bed at night and wonderful friends and family are truly blessed. I am thankful every single day for these things :-)

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful day. We had 30 at my house, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanksgiving at our house was very calm and relaxing .My children wanted turkey today- so guess what ?I cooked another turkey.The children ate another 20 pound turkey up .Today it was turkey sandwiches with mashed potatoes and gravy. I am sure by next week the love of turkey will fade away for a while.My daughters want to bake more pies maybe next week.This week I am counting my blessings and enjoying my family.Blessing,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. We too had a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend. :)
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Galina and Rachel look radiant together, don't you think ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great gathering! Praying for healing for Oliver!
    The girls look great. Say hello for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone looks amazing; I'm praying for little Oliver I hope he gets better soon. I especially like the pictures of Galina and Rachel, and Caleb and Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does Oliver eat a lot of carbs?
    My nephew has DS and his Momma has to give him his carbs LAST at every meal. If he just loads up on bread, he is sure to get a sugar crash later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome pics! I love how Nolan is hanging out with the big kids/adults in so many of the pictures. What a sweet little man.

    Hope Oliver feels better soon or that they figure out what is going on with him.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.