Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

Nolan is such a happy little guy.  He used to be afraid to be in the trampoline and now he loves it!  His brothers jump and wrestle all around him as he is tossed here and there.
Caleb and I put up this wall quote together.  After an hour of rubbing, it was finally done.  
Anna has been growing like a weed lately.  She is finally taller than one one of her sisters-- Sveta.
Oliver loves to chew on things-- usually his socks.  Instead I dried out this bread and let him have at it.  He sure did enjoy it!
Adam and Rachel helped with dinner tonight.  While they were crushing garlic in my favorite press, the handle broke off.  After 10 years it is finally time to buy a new one but I definitely got my money's worth out of it.
Thanksgiving preparations are underway.  Julia made two pumpkin and two chocolate pudding pies.  I put the 24 pound turkey in the roaster to slow roast all night.
Julia wanted Oliver to taste pumpkin pie for the first time so she baked a separate little bowl of the filling just for him.

I'll end with this funny story.  As I got the big roaster down from the top shelf in the cupboard and Julia helped me pull it out of the box Anastasia asked if that was what we would be cooking the turkey in.
Julia responded with a half smile,
"No, not a turkey.  We will actually be cooking you tonight.  See, we used to have a brother named Michael but we cooked and ate him last Thanksgiving.  Don't you remember?"
"No.  You don't cook me, you cook the turkey,"  she tried to say matter-of-factly.  
Julia quickly apologized as we all got a quick laugh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Thanksgiving!  Many blessings to you all!



3 comments:

  1. Hi!I want to wish everyone who reads this blog a Happy Thanksgiving.At the Ukraine church my children attend they were asked by the Sunday school teacher to tell the class what they were were thankful for. My children said -God-. Because without God's plan for them they would have never left their native country to enjoy the many blessings that God has given them in American .Blessings Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the girls are so pretty! Seriously! Such contagious smiles!
    I loved the quick story of Julia being silly with Anastasia! Julia often has quick jokes! Looks like a great Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving eve!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.