Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lots and Lots of Ice-Cream!

Let me tell you about the spoon.  It was all planned.

After the girls excitedly did some extra chores to earn a few bucks I surprised them with a trip to the store.   I know.  I know.  Not much of a surprise, but we always manage to make it a fun time out and today was no exception.  The girls knew that one of the stores was going to be the 99 cent store and they couldn't be more excited.   They have some great buys going on right now.  

As I drove to the store, I looked in the rear view mirror and Rachel flashed me her spoon.
"It's for the ice-cream!"  Wink. Wink.
She knew that she could get a half gallon of Mocha Almond Fudge Edy's ice-cream for a dollar and she wanted to be prepared to eat it on the ride home.
What I didn't realize was that three of the girls would each buy their own half gallon.
Imagine an ice-cream party in the car!
On the way home, we all ate ice-cream by the spoonful with the windows rolled down.
We were generous and goofy enough to ask every one who could hear us if they wanted a bite.
It was great fun!  And delicious too!

And oh what a glorious memory!  
And you know what?
A certain girl came home and within a few hours, she polished off her 1/2 gallon.
Oh yes she did.

7 comments:

  1. you got to love Annalyn right.... the girl loves food lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!This is cute -girls will be girls .Happy eating,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It's the little things that make the best memories, isn't it?

    One of my best memories with my mom is going shopping with her and when it was just the two of us, she would buy a little box of peppermint patties, the ones covered in chocolate and we'd share them. Now, whenever I eat anything with mint and chocolate, it reminds me of laughing with her in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I go on your next ice cream run??? Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find half gallons for a dollar???

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.