Friday, October 12, 2012

Home and Yum!

Praise the Lord! We are home!  Nolan did so well.  He charmed the pants off of some of the hospital staff yet he kept close to me.  The doctor was a bit late getting to the hospital but he more than made up for it by visiting Nolan twice later in the day, giving me pictures of Nolan's mouth, and taking the time to answer all my questions.  He also paged me to come up just as Nolan was beginning to wake up.  The only problem Nolan had was keeping up his SATS (oxygen saturation).   He needed an oxygen mask for three hours.   Finally we were moved to his room.  Nolan immediately polished off two cups of apple sauce and drank 3 ounces of water.  No throwing up-- ever.  We were blessed with a Ukrainian night nurse.  She spoke to Nolan and got him to drink the tylenol that was part of a study we agreed to be part of.  She was very nice.
We were discharged first thing in the morning.
Ever since Nolan has been home he has been back to his old self.  He is just thrilled to be home.  Here we are playing with each other by sticking out our tongues.
I have been making bruschetta a lot lately.  It is just so good.  It tastes as good as it looks and sounds here.  Seriously, it is sooooo good!  As I read this over, I realized that maybe I should come up with another words besides good.  But it is what it is.
Time out.  The sweetest thing just happened.  I have been chasing Paul around the house off and on for the last week to give him a Mama kiss and he always playfully runs away. Sometimes I catch him, sometimes I don't.  Just now, all on his own he came up to me and gave me a kiss on my cheek with a hug.  
Little things like this make it all worth it.
Being in the hospital last night, I had access to cable tv.  Of course I watched the food channel and then the VP debate.  I saw these and had to make them for dessert.   I could not find meringue cookies at the store so we made them from scratch.  Oh my-- they are wonderful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oliver is a little man of many faces.  He is cute as a button.

This picture of Oliver reminds me of a picture I have of Adam right around the same age.

So happy that Fall is finally here!
Look-- we already have our lil' pumpkin! 

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! I like making meringues too. Coconut meringue cookies are SOOOO EASY to make and SOOOO GOOD!
    Oliver is adorable and so is Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Nolan did so well with his surgery!!! And I agree Oliver is as cute as a button!!! Oh my!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I could just eat your little people up!!! Makes me want to wake my little man and tickle and giggle. . .but I'll let him sleep. . . : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that dear little Nolan is doing so well. What a sweetheart he is. Oliver too! He seems to be one cuddly, wuddly baby!

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Nolan's surgery went well and he came through it like the sweet guy he seems to be! Oliver is an adorable little punkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad Nolan's surgery went well and he came through it like the sweet, happy guy he seems to be! You're right, Oliver is an adorable little punkin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear Nolan was a champ with his surgery. And Oliver's eyes... Love that beautiful blue. He's a cutie, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bruschetta does look GOOD! Though I notice that meringues are WONDERFUL.

    I'll be making these next week for the seventh graders (food gets them interested) for the lesson on Angels.

    I'm glad I have my own baby to snuggle now or I'd probably cry that I don't have an Oliver of my own. What a pumpkin! :)

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.