Thursday, September 13, 2012

Working on Thankfulness

Wow.  What's with me these last few days?  Let's just say I have not been the most patient or nicest person.   The pharmacy broke the camel's back for me today after not explaining to me the double co-pay they said I had and having us wait nearly a half hour at the drive thru window.  The cars behind me ended up turning around and leaving.  Even though the pharmacy ordered the medication yesterday and said it would be here today-- they told me I would have to come back tomorrow for the rest of it.  So I get to repeat the amazing drive thru experience tomorrow.  Yay me.  And no-- going into the store is not any better.

I know, I know.  I should be thankful to have any pharmacy that I choose at my disposal.... and I am-- but when I am in the moment it is hard to see the whole picture and count my blessings.  I think this is an area of my life that I need to work on.  I know God is molding me to be kind and patient in every circumstance-- I just need a lot of work.  I really do have so much to be thankful for.

Let me name a few.

Today at piano lessons William brought a Diary of a Wimpy Kid book.  I picked it up and started reading and soon I was laughing.  Such an easy read and so full of humor and little situations that I can totally relate to, I can see why all my kids love these books.  So now I have the first book sitting on my nightstand.

Caleb who was incredibly helpful to me during a very unpleasant moment this evening.  Honestly, he blew me away!

Rachel who finally understands why I don't want her answering the door when John and I are not there.  It is not that I don't trust her.  I don't trust them.  And she gets it.

A precious little boy who is turning six years old tomorrow.

A full tank of gas. ;)


13 comments:

  1. Hi!Waiting for a prescription is not fun especially if you have a car full of children at the drive thru. I switched to a pharmacy that brings the medication to my house and it is a blessing. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't take the pharmacy's word on your insurance copay - speak to the insurance company yourself. Pharmacies have been known to make mistakes.

    Although I would have thought that, by now, you would know the ins and outs of your insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you and your husband do for these kids is awesome. I've been feeling down and blue lately, but this reminds me there's some good people in this world - and that I have many reasons to smile.
    Thank you. You are strong. I wish you all kinds of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Priest friend of mine once told me, "The proper response to a gift is Thank You." I have to remind myself all the time that everyone and eveything around me is a gift. I think we're all like that.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there. I am finding myself surrounded by situations requiring patience on my part. The wimpy kid books are really great! Poor Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about express scripts? I have to order 3 months of meds for my son, but I pay for 2 and they give me the 3rd month free and they mail it to me with free shipping. I don't know are able to do it, but maybe it's worth looking into :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm THANKFUL that Rachel understands the danger of answering the door when you are not home. As soon as I read this part on your blog, my first thought was Denise Amber Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sympathize with the pharmacy/insurance situation. I have one child with special needs and going into the store just is not an option. It can be frustrating to deal with insurance issues through the speaker, but it definitely beats going into the store. I am guessing that the staff at your pharmacy know you well...But if they don't, I recommend going in by yourself (is that possible???) and introducing yourself. I found that it helped a lot when we had to switch pharmacies. Now the staff know me and know what kind of needs we are dealing with. We also buy a lot of meds, so we are really good customers.

    I hope things go well with Strattera for Alex. There are a lot of other options for him if that one doesn't work. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell Rachel that she is not the only child whose parents do not want her answering the door when they are not home. I was not allowed to answer the door when my parents were not home for the very same reason. And I spent most of my life living on military bases. My friends had the same rules too. There are a lot of people out there who have bad intentions. To this day, I still do not answer the door to strangers (the exception being the UPS and FedEx guys).

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm 25 and I still don't answer the door to strangers! I wasn't allowed to growing up and I guess it stuck with me. I will answer the door for the USPS, UPS and Fed Ex but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quote: "I know God is molding me to be kind and patient in every circumstance"

    I'm sure you'll be fine. Hopefully, God is working on pharmacy personnel to be more Competent & Customer Friendly! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.