Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Our Weekend Company

The weekend barely got started, and then it was over.  We all had a good time, and though it was organized chaos I think us parents found a few moments to relax and enjoy ourselves.
Eating together hearing all the kids talk was a great big blessing. 
There was lots of homemade bread!
I enjoyed seeing the kids pair up.  Some of the boys played legos and more legos.  Some kids enjoyed drawing while some kids played game after game of chess.
One evening we watched a movie.


Here is John and I with Sheri and James.

Dishes for 31 was the only bummer. :)

Monday came way too soon!
Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day!
Love you Fontes family!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun!

    We love to fill our home with like-minded families.


    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun, but I can totally understand the dishes thing... our Thanksgiving and Easter gatherings, with aunts and uncles and cousins, usually amount to 30-40 people, and equal a TON of dishes, from one meal! I can't imagine having that many dishes for every meal for a whole weekend! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was doing fine with that and thinking what fun it was, and then I got to the part about dinner for 31! You can do anything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!It is really cool to have big family gatherings with large families. We used to do it a lot at the Ukraine church with other church member families. It was no big deal. Some of the familes even had benches that folded up and the benches traveled with them for the family socials.We had tons of food because most families had large gardens or bought in bulk from local farmers.Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...my son and I are having a "small world" moment reading this entry... He went to elementary school for a year back in 4th grade with the oldest Fontes boys at Mt. View Christian School! I'm sure they remember Stasik. (I talked to you, Christine, on the phone about filing readoption paperwork a couple of years after that and have been following your blog ever since)... Six degrees of separation....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great weekend!
    Next time - paper plates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paper plates, my friend. Paper plates.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.