Thursday, September 6, 2012

Not A Good Visit

Awwww, I have seen better days.  Today I just feel old.  I must have pulled a muscle in my neck or back because I have pain shooting down from my neck through my back and down both legs.  Perhaps it was the stress of going to the dentist.  Which by the way did not go well.  I was in near tears to hear that I have a cavity and one of my previous restorations need to be redone.  I am not a happy camper.  Thankfully Alex and Andrew had good news-- no cavities!  Andrew had sealants on his molars and a lost filling replaced but that was it.  There was concern that Alex has not lost any of his top teeth, but x-rays show that his permanent teeth are knocking at the door.  Probably just a late bloomer.

This weekend we have something fun planned!  It will be the kick off to our community group starting back up.  I hope everyone stays healthy to enjoy it.

Right now I am reading Saving Levi with the kids for our devotional time.   I also bought the Left Behind audio book in stereo.  Today we listened to the first chapter.  Reading the reviews made me overly optimistic about it.  My bubble burst a few minutes into it.  I do hope it gets better.  What do you read or do for family devotional time?

Let me share about a 14 year old girl from China.  Her family is looking for a new family for her due to the family dynamics not working out.  She has some minor special needs but her love of music and playing the piano outshines them!  Please let me know if you would like more info and I can forward your email to the agency that is helping them to find a family.

Last thing.  Remember Tamara?  Well her family is there adopting her right now!  Praise God!  Please go check out their blog and leave them an encouraging comment.  If you feel led, you can donate to their grant fund to help with the cost of plane tickets home.  This is a wonderful way to bless an incredible family-- so please go show them some love!

10 comments:

  1. I was just at the library yesterday wanting to check out the Left Behind books to read again. They didn't have the first 4. :( Guess I should break down & buy them on my Nook because I know I'll read them more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and for the spirit of peace and ENCOURAGEMENT to be yours. HUGS!
    I had a not so good day too. I've been taking comfort in the fact that God was not surprised and he has a plan walking with me down this road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For our family devotions ( every morning and then on Tuesday evenings)
    we read scripture.
    We cover a book, each reading 2 verses at a time, one chapter each day and then one chapter on Tuesday Evenings. We stop inbetween and explain what is happening or the history of the text when needed, and then we read on. On Tuesday nights we begin with singing, and end with prayer.
    We are in 2nd Samuel during the day and on Tuesdays, we are in Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I are praying about adopting again and are looking at girls from Asia. 14 is a little older than I anticipated (we were looking at ages 8-11, but I'd like some more info.

    Blessings Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first Left Behind book starts pretty slow because they have to give you the background. It picks up after the rapture. But really book 2 is better. Near the end of the series they have a pastor posting sermons on a blog and they post the whole sermon, every sermon in them.

    The prequels they put out after the fact are actually pretty good too. Better than the last few of the regular series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon! I still haven't gone to the dentist since the baby . . . even though a tooth broke and the filling fell out. I have another loose filling and a cavity, but it's so awful to get them filled when the meds don't take.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed listening to "Left Behind" an experience in sound and drama. There are several books in the series out in this format. It is done by live actors-not just an audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed my last comment had my kids sign in name. Sorry. You can contact me in FB. We r friends. I'll send you a message about the girl you spoke about it :)

    Blessings Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never cared for the Left Behind books. . .too much fear in them. I don't really think God wants us to be so afraid that we come to him. . .Anyway, we're enjoying the Narnia Chronicles right now. Aidan loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We read Scripture, too. I have a variety of materials that offer suggested discussion questions. Then, after that we read an "enjoyable" but [almost always] "quality" book. And quality usually means a spiritual theme of some sort.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.