Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Keeping Family First

These past few days have been really great with the kids.  Summer vacation is about over and the kids are actually anxious to start back up with school.  I have been so busy running around doing last minute doctor and dentist appointments, shopping for school supplies, and registering for school.  We also have two birthdays this month.  Always busy, I try to make sure we have family devotional time a few times a week to stop, breathe, and take time to fill our spiritual gas tanks.
So often I have to send a kid to their room for being disruptive, or soon after I hear them saying something that is not uplifting, or better yet, an argument will break out that ends up getting a little physical.  Big sigh.
Parenting is hard stuff.
And then I get glimpses of special moments that make me stop and run to get my camera to capture the moment forever.
It makes this parenting stuff totally worth it.
I sure love my family.

3 comments:

  1. Trying to be a GOOD parent is hard work, but I think that you and John manage that brilliantly - especially so, considering all of the extra challenges your beautiful kids bring, not the least of which is the sheer number of them. I know I have had plenty of "those" days, and I have just one.

    Overall, your children appear to be respectful and kind (gosh, even we adults have lapses in that area at times!). And I love how all of them seem to dote on the little ones!

    I don't know all that sustains you - each other, your faith, a bubble bath - but whatever gives you the ability to "Keep Calm and Carry On" on those days when things aren't going very smoothly, I guess I'd just suggest that you scoop up another handful of that source of strength and try to remember that the difficult moments will pass.

    You and John are raising WONDERFUL people. There are surely going to be many long days in the process. There are also going to be many times when your heart is filled to bursting with love and pride. Perhaps, on "those" days, scroll through your blog and let the pictures fill up your heart again by reminding you of the "Smiles".

    I so wish I lived closer to you! I'd love to meet you in person and, if you agreed, become enough of a friend that you'd let me help out. I would consider it a blessing to be even on the fringes of your remarkable family!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those photos!

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! It makes me feel so blessed as a parent when I see my children helping one another out with a project . Helping each other is very important in their development as a Christian they learn service and respect for others and compassion for others.Continue the good job you are doing with parenting, Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.