Friday, May 11, 2012

The Weekend

Today was the Mother's Tea.  First I visited Dennis' class where he painted my nails... and fingers.  Thankfully he thought it was great fun to take the polish off afterward.  We read books, interviewed each other, ate cookies, and made flower pens.  It was very nice.  Then I went over to Alex's class and spent time doing the same things with him.  He was not so anxious to take my polish off.  "Why Mom?  It look pretty." 

Last night, I went out with two friends for frozen yogurt.  I had such a wonderful time.  I feel so blessed to call these two ladies my friends.  After a year and a half, I can honestly say I have friends that live by us!  This is such a huge blessing in more ways than one.  Not only are they women I really enjoy being around, but they have offered to help out while we are in Ukraine. 

Andrew had another baseball game tonight.  I don't go to many of them (John and 6 or 7 of the kids do), but I did tonight.  His team won! 

Adam and Caleb are taking all of their AP tests this week.  And then Adam will take the SAT in June.  He is looking at colleges and has a few in mind that he is going to apply.  I still can barely wrap my head around that.  My firstborn is going to be a senior next year.  Wow!

Grandma and Grandpa are her for the weekend.  My Mom, sister, and aunt are coming tomorrow.  We will all celebrate Mother's Day together.  Speaking of Mother's Day-- I hope you all have a wonderful one! 

Blessings! 

5 comments:

  1. Hi!I found it fun looking at colleges for my children.It involves a lot of time and is hard if the child does not have a major. But some children change their major before they graduate college anyways. Good luck, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like ya'll are busy but enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a great believer in starting with junior college/community college.... Just heard a report that expensive colleges don't make a difference in later earnings commensurate with their cost. Plus, you can keep them closer for a bit. AND (best of all) the atmosphere in a junior college is far more studious than at a university where so many of the freshmen are actually pretty unmotivated to do much more than party. (Just take a walk-through and look at the notices on the bulletin boards....that was quite an eye-opener for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOved hearing about your Mothers tea..Wish they did something like that at my girls school..: )

    Happy Happy Mothers day Christine....Soon you will a new Mom again....2 times over!

    XXOO...

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.