Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Getting It All Done

The kids have about 11 days of school left.  While this is a crucial time for my highschoolers who have finals, a few of my younger kids couldn't care less about school now.  Especially since we got 3 wild kittens.  We are in the process of taming them by holding them, feeding them by hand, and getting them used to humans.  We finally learned to not be afraid of their hissing which is happening less and less. We have had them 2 days now and we already notice a huge difference in them.  The kids have learned so much caring for them.

I have been busy re-enrolling our home schoolers adding Paul to the mix.  When I went to get his birth certificate, I couldn't find it sparking a 5 hour hunt for his and Anastasia's paperwork.  Thankfully, I finally found it. After giving it a lot of thought, I've already got the majority of their curriculum picked out for next year.  Julia and Annalyn will have a set curriculum and teachers for all of their core classes since they are in highschool next year.  Sveta will also be in 9th grade but I will continue to choose her work.  John and I are going to take the three of them out this weekend for an early graduation dinner.

We leave for Ukraine in less than a week.  Getting all the schedules, medicine routines, school authorizations, etc. written out for the grandparents has kept me quite busy the last few days, but I think I am about done.  Suitcases are piled in my bedroom, as I pack here and there.  Fun!  Hopefully I can give a few more hair cuts, take one of the dogs to the vet, make one more shopping trip to Costco, and squeeze in a couple of dentist appointments.

Mother's day was very nice.  The kids pampered me with handmade gifts, coffee in bed, foot massages, a long hair comb, and a cleaned out van.  I also didn't have to cook dinner for 2 nights in a row-- a special treat!  Paul gave me a dream catcher, Galina gave me a framed picture of the two of us, Julia made me a cute pot holder, and Rachel got me an apron just to name a few!

11 comments:

  1. Very excited for you! Though I must admit Christine that most days I think "I don´t know how she does it!!" : )

    Glad you had a great Mothers day!

    XO Rita/Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are Julia and Annalyn not being home schooled then? Regular high school? I can hardly keep up with who's still in traditional school! But keep up the good work mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been overwhelmed for you---with all the packing, instructions, etc that must be done. I felt so sorry for you!! That would stress me totally out. I would want to hire someone to do all of the planning, packing, and whatever else was needed, while I just disappeared until it was time to go to the airport. However, you seem to be sailing right through all of this. I'm so impressed. This is NOT one of my strong points! I'm so glad it's yours! I'll be praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you Rachel and Annastasia going to be homeschooling this year as well again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you are leaving in a week!!!! So excited for you all!!!

    Love that Galina gave you a picture of the two of you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are in the process of taming three wild kittens also! Our kittens are named bitey, scratchy and hissy. Best of luck in your upcoming adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet no mixer for Mother's Day, huh?:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds busy! Congratulations to Annalynn, Julia, and Sveta (and of course all your other children as well!!). 11 more days of school? We finished last Friday... I think my kids would have gone on strike if I made them wait one more day longer for their summer, much less one more week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to have 3 kittens, wild or not! :) I love cats but our mom says no more (we have 2). My friend who just moved to NC has 15 on her back porch every night. (lucky)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!Wild cats are hard to tame but can be tamed with a lot of TLC.The touching of the kittens is a powerful tool in making them feel bonded to your family.Good luck Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. "a few of my younger kids could care less about school now"

    *Couldn't* care less. If they *could* care less, it means they care!

    Wild cats are really despised in Australia. People would sooner kill them than adopt one. They kill native birds and add further competition for food sources for our native and often already endangered species.

    Glad you had a lovely mothers' day - I was on the other side of the world for mothers' day but was able to bring some late mothers' day presents back for mum :)

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.