Friday, May 18, 2012

The Fastest Week

Oh wow!  What a whirlwind of a week!  Galina summed it best-- "The week started out slow and seemed like it would last forever and now it is over!"  Yes it is. 

Dolly our dog ruptured her anal glands so I took her to the vet.  She ended up needing surgery.  This right after taking Anastasia and William to the dentist.  Thankfully they had no cavitites.  Since our other dog Misty has been scooting I took her down to have her anal glands milked to avoid having them rupture.  Much cheaper than a vet bill!

We have 3 new kittens that were in need of a home.  They were quite wild too.  But in the course of a week, they have been tamed and are even purring.  Caring for the kittens have been a wonderful experience for the kids. 

Tonight we are taking Sveta, Annalyn, and Julia out to celebrate their 8th grade graduation.  They picked Marie Calendars for dinner. 

I have my last IEP meeting this afternoon.  So glad they moved it up so I can be a part of it.

After 5 weeks and continual follow-ups with the supplier, Alex is having his new crutches delivered today.  For taking so long and not returning my calls, I asked them to throw in a set of spare caps so I can change them just in case our next order takes this long.  They said they would.

We are having company again this weekend-- so I am off to get some other things done before we leave next Tuesday.   While we are in Ukraine, most of my blogging will be done here.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it through! What a fabulous week (except the dogs and the vet bill, ouch!) Praying for your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not realize your trip was coming up so soon! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.