Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Happy Birthday to Alex!
Today Alex turned seven years old!
This is his third birthday that we have celebrated with him but today is the first time that he said he is now a big big boy!
We surprised him with redecorating the boys' room.
For dinner we went to McDonald's with a big indoor playplace.
For a special treat, Alex and Dennis got happy meals.
Here is Julia and Anastasia looking radiantly beautiful!
Julia and Annalyn bought a round of desserts for everyone.  We sang happy birthday and then opened presents.

Alex loves King Kong.  King Kong is his favorite animal in the whole world.  He loves, loves, loves to watch the movie and will cry his eyes out each and every time King Kong dies.
So for his birthday, I found a small King Kong doll on Amazon that makes sounds.
Just like we all thought, Alex loved this present the most!  Here he is hugging it.
Alex wanted to blow out the candles before we sang Happy Birthday.
It only took 16 blows before all the candles were out!
Happy birthday Alex!
We love you!
You have come a long way!

20 comments:

  1. I can't believe Alex has been your son for three years already! It seems like just yesterday!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, What a sweet post! Happy Birthday Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7? Really. Wow. He is a big boy. :) Cute bedding.

    Alex is such a beautiful little boy.:) Happy Birthday Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Alex!!! I love King Kong, too! I always have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is adorable!!! happy Birthday Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Handsome Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI! I am glad your son views himself as a big boy because in a few months he will be a big boy especially when the babies arrive.You have done a wonderful job with him and in his native country he most likely would have died -sorry to say. I love your bedding I got my boys new comforters also.Have a wonderful birthday Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Alex!

    I just have to comment on Dennis. The picture above "J&A bought a round of dessert"? HIS EYE! He looks good! I am just in awe of what God, science and a lot of love can do for a person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The children are all growing and are blooming. Alex looks so different and so happy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your big family, always a birthday celebration going on! Happy Birthday Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you find the fabulous comforters? My son would love one.
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pictures~ Happy Birthday, Alex!! He looks incredibly happy. :)
    I'm loving Rachel's new do~ it frames her pretty face perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Bday to Alex! I love your new comforters!

    Cheryl in ID

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, seven already! I can't believe he even knows who King Kong is...great that he loves that big old ape, I did too as a kid. Great photos, great times. Thinking of you lots lately. Praying for your process!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog and I must say that your family is so beautiful -- reading it makes me long to have a large family. We have three right now, one with significant special needs. I am really in awe of your ability to raise so many kids who are so happy, healthy and loving -- you are doing a wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You need some like buttons on your site... the photos of the girls and Alex smiling are just precious! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like he had a lovely birthday. He's so very lucky to be growing up in such a fantastic family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This probably sounds silly, but your family makes me smile every time I visit your blog.

    I'm glad Alex had an awesome birthday! Honestly, I'm a "grown up" and McDonalds would have been my choice too. It's a personal weakness! ;)

    M.
    Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Alex!! I love the picture with Denis in the background going to town on Alex's new piano! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.