Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Little of This and a Little of That

Family is the most important thing you will have in this world, a special gift from God... cherish them...  and invest in your relationships by spending time with them.  It doesn't have to be anything fancy... even the simplest things will be more than enough.
Jonny and I made this poster together.  I drew it, and he colored it.
He liked it so much, and was very proud that he wanted to take it to school the next day for show and tell.
Yesterday the kids did a talent show and we all watched it... and videotaped it.  I want to turn it into a video... maybe I'll find some time this weekend.  See, time together can be this simple.

Galina made pancakes the other day with the mix we got her for her birthday,  They were pink!
... with a few accent colors. :)
I reminded her that practice makes perfect... and they still tasted good.

Remember all the stuff we got that was piled up in the garage?  Well this electric skillet was in one of the boxes so I pulled it out, had Adam assemble it, and cooked mini burgers on it.
It worked perfect and it was nice looking out into the kitchen rather than with my back turned.
Rachel has finals next week so she has been studying hard. 
Annalyn gave coupons for doing hair, foot massages, etc.  I think Julia cashed in one of them.  Julia finished this blanket that was made using up all of the leftover balls of yarn we have.  Our neighbor is expecting their first baby so Julia gave it to her as an early baby gift.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I went to Costco with four of the girls.  We bought our first box of 15 dozen eggs,  50 pound sack of flour, and one pound of yeast! 

I also picked up a bunch of pictures so the girls can scrapbook and I can update the pictures in some of the frames I found in the garage. 

In a little while, Caleb is going with his girlfriend and her family up to the mountains to have dinner at a restaurant. 
 

John is karayokying with the girls... High School Musical songs.
Now that is a real man!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I leave you with this because the message is powerful:

Ephesians 4:1-3
Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.  Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post. And the verse at the end is perfect-thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Where will I get a skillet like that one? It is so large great for large families Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how many eggs you guys go through! We go through about 4 dozen a week and there are only 8 of us. ;) I did want to mention that Costco may not have the best price on eggs. We have shopped around and at least at Sam's, the 15 dozen eggs run about $2 a dozen. I can usually get them on sale for much cheaper somewhere else ($1.29 this week at Walgreens). But I also know with your large family that you may not have time to chase deals. Sometimes it is way better to spend a few cents more and save the time and gas money for other, more important, family things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh out loud at Galina's Pancakes. My first attempt looked exactly the same! I had to have been about 12 and my friend was coaching me over the phone. I remember her saying "HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY BE BURNT ON THE OUTSIDE AND RUNNY IN THE MIDDLE!?" A very fun and funny memory. Don't worry Galina, it gets easier. Much easier!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.