Thursday, January 5, 2012

Adoption Announcement

Galina is officially a Reed!  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
We left an hour and fifteen minutes early to allow for morning traffic-- what we didn't expect was an accident to slow things down even more.
  We took two cars because John had to leave right after court while I stayed behind and finished up the paperwork.  At the last minute, I lost him and parked on my own.  Thankfully we met up at the entrance... only to be told we were at the wrong building.  We rushed over to that building only to be told we needed to go back to the other building.  We did that once more before finally going back to the original place... we were only about 20 minutes late by that time. 
Thankfully, the judge hadn't began yet, so we signed in and sat down.
Talk about a whirlwind beginning of a morning. :)
But it was so worth it because before 10 am, a judge declared us the legal parents of:
Galina Marjorie Reed!
Even though Galina has been our daughter for one year in our hearts, it is nice to know that it is official now! 

To top off the exciting morning... there was a parking ticket waiting for me (John and I switched cars so technically it's his ticket.)  Makes my $8 parking seem like a real bargain!

38 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Reed Family, on your beautiful addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! :) Lots of love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey! That's awesome! I'm so happy for Galina and your family. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful News :)Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to all of you!
    I wonder what could be next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!! Happy for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What a wonderful start to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Wow! I just love Adoption Day. It's such a happy and exciting time. OK, one question. You may have answered this before, but... I know you keep the kids' given names, but their middle names - do you change them, give them ones of significance to your family? Keep them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for all of you!!

    Now that the twins have been home almost two years, we've finally found a lawyer willing to figure out we need to do in the state of FL. It's already final in Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rejoicing with you!!!

    Love,
    Allison
    www.togiveafutureandahope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your family is so beautiful and inspiring - Congratulations!

    :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!!!! So Happy for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! Wonderful Addition to the Reeds!

    Just a question...for the last year did she have to use a different last name?

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Galina! I'm sure this was a long time coming.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That judge at the picture is sooo funny :)
    Congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! To see you all look so happy is wonderful! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations !!
    I was wondering do you or girls wear makeup ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know I told you this before, but she is just so pretty. A very human side of me did not think she was pretty at all when she came to live with you. I just feel so chastised every time I see her gorgeous face. Well, that and really adds fuel to my fire of wanting to adopt... :)

    Galina, Never judge others by the skin and hair they wear. See them through Jesus eyes and add love to their life. Then they will be beautiful. Just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful! Congratulations to everyone :-)
    MariaG (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great--so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your stories. Of course it had to be a complicated morning - makes it seem kind of like going overseas to bring her home, haha. Congrats! (several months late - I'm just now finding and perusing your blog.)

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.