Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Those *Extra* Disneyland Photos












P.S.  Alex goes in bright and early for surgery.  Please keep him in your prayers.  I am nervous and excited at the same time!  The doctor says there is a 35% chance that Alex's walking, bladder and bowel control, and paralysis could improve with this surgery with 5% chance of him going the opposite direction.  There is 60% chance that he'll stay the same.  I take that as 95% that he will do great!

14 comments:

  1. Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

    That picture of Adam on the carousel is hilarious!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll definitely be praying for Alex & his care team - please keep us posted!

    i've faced 4 brain surgeries since december 2008, including a week in neurosurgery intensive care... and i've heard the odds where you're not having the greatest chance of what you want.

    but aside from the obvious - that God is NOT bound by statistics! - i always remember one other thing. the chances of having the condition for which i'm (or alex is) being treated were far less than the chance i'd be healthy, yet i managed to (and he managed to) unfortunately beat those odds. no reason that someone breaking the mold time after time cannot continue to, maybe this time in a positive way!

    prayers for success, no complications (i know how scary they can be!), wisdom for the medical folks & for you and John as the parents making decisions, for your family as there is disruption and caring for Alex after, and peace for your little guy as well as some good bonding in & after the hospital.

    let us know if there are specifics we can be praying for as & when they come about. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that Alex surgery goes well!!!! Plus I will keep him in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what hotel did you stay at? we will be going to Disney for a week in March. Good luck to Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Anna getting taller? She looks like she has grown over the past year.

    Good luck to Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and Alex tomorrow! I'm here if you need to call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayerful over Alex and you as go through this surgery! Prayerful right with you and the 95%!!!

    We serve a Healer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prayed for Alex yesterday; I hope everything went well! Looking forward to another post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. praying for your family and asp Alex. Lord be with the Drs and Nurses and all involved in this precious little boys care. I am an RN and DH a Dr. i know how scary this is. Hang in there!Love the pics!!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are on our way tO Disney on the opposite side of the country. Saying a prayer that God does more than we can possibly imagine for Alex tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually made me feel better to see a couple of photos of your older boys not looking all that glad to have a photo taken. My boys will NOT cooperate with pictures. And they are giving Zhenya the idea this is OK.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I wish you well and your sons surgery goes well. Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.